Relocating to Exeter - Where to live?

(2 Posts)
Minnie2015 Sun 22-Oct-17 02:39:33

Hi
Moving to Exeter next summer having never lived in the south west before. Looking for some advice for areas to live and primary schools. Our son will be be starting primary school a year after we move so were looking to live in an area with good nearby primary schools (state ideally). We have heard good things about St Leonards and Topsham as places to live. Unfortunately we will not get to visit prior to moving so trying to find out as much information as possible prior to the move. We would be looking to rent initially. Any advice on schools and areas to live with children would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

Usernamegone Sun 22-Oct-17 08:38:31

St Leonard's and Topsham are the 'posh' areas in Exeter (or just outside) so nice but pricy. St Leonard's is close to town if you like to be reasonable central. Nice 'high street' with deli, hairdressers, etc. I've heard the infant/junior school is good. Topsham is just outside of Exeter but it is easy to drive/get the train into exeter. Nice high street. Nice pubs on the waterfront which do nice food.

I can't comment on child friendliness as I am expecting DC #1 smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now