New phase in my life: single mum

(2 Posts)
bowjangles Fri 21-Nov-14 00:09:41

Hi all,
I recently became a single parent. I have some lovely friends, most of whom are settled in relationships and often busy doing their own thing.
I'm feeling a wee bit lonely and I feel like I'd really like some new friends who are in a similar situation. I'm not saying militantly that I only want single friends, I just want to give it a try!

I have tried gingerbread but something is awry with the Exeter contacts, I have contacted the national gingerbread but am stil awaiting a response.
In the meantime, I thought mumsnet seems to be abrim with likeminded women so maybe I should try here. I am in my early forties with two little ones, three and four.
I work part time and like the idea of someone to have a laugh with either meeting up avec ou sans enfants. I'm not French either just mildly pretentious and a bit silly.
And it's late. On that note I think I'll hit the hay.

eatwellnow Wed 03-Dec-14 21:51:10

hi there saw your posting. am in similar position. funnily enough moved to Exeter over the summer tried gingerbread had the same experience as you. not very helpful at all. therefore tried at my sons's school to set up a single parent group as am sure there must be lots out there. get lonely at times. been single 4 years now. message me if you want to get in touch. I am 44 so we are close in age. I have a seven year old son!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now