New to Chelmsford, pregnant and feeling like Norma No-Mates!

(19 Posts)
munchkinpie Tue 10-Jun-08 15:51:37

Hi Ya
Hope some people still peek onto this site - doesnt look like it has much activity.
I moved to Springfield, Chelmsford in Feb and know no-one!!! Week after we moved found out i was pregnant and then spent 3 months in and out of hospital so havent really settled.
I have 2 older daughters aged 10 and 8 so school gates arent most sociable places as everyone knows each other and its more drop and run at that age. Baby is due in Oct but supposedly we dont qualify for NHS ante-natal classes as its not our first (there goes that idea for meeting people)
Would just be nice to have someone to go into town with every now and again or meet for lunch etc!!!

hertsnessex Wed 18-Jun-08 20:00:52

Hi Munchkinpie,

I live near chelmsford (20minutes) but this is my most local site.

I have 2 boys aged 3 and 4 and had my second at St Johns.

hope you are doing well!

Brownally Wed 25-Jun-08 09:13:20

Hi Munchkinpie, i moved to Spingfield, Chelmsford in March this year also and it's been pretty lonely for my 1 year old son & i. It's a lovely town and we love living here but it's been difficult to meet other mums and it would be lovely to get together with someone every now and then for a chat and a coffee. Hope you & bump are doing well

Nucha Wed 09-Jul-08 17:42:56

Hi All,

I am giving birth to my first child in 4 weeks' time. I live in Witham and used it as a base only - therefore I know very few people here. Now I'll be spending lots of time here, I want to meet other mums as don't want to get lonely. Would love to meet up for a coffee and chat.
Don't want it to get to the stage where I start singing "lonely, I'm so lonely, I have nobody, all on my own...". he he

jenniebee Thu 10-Jul-08 22:36:52

Hiya nucha
I live in braintree and have a 9 month old dd. i'm pretty much always free to meet up, i'm a bit like that at the mo talking to myself! let me know if you fancy meeting. smile

HelenInML Sat 12-Jul-08 09:29:13

Hi you lot,

I'm in Moulsham, lived here a couple of years now but don't really know people in Chelmsford as most friends and family are in other areas and we've been doing house improvements all the time since we've lived here. Have just started antenatal classes with NCT so hoping to make friends through that too, for once I'm off work (sprog's due Sept 3rd, I'm working til Aug 15th if I make it that far!) but would definitely like to meet anyone else interested in expanding their local social network, coming over for coffee etc.

Only just joined MumsNet this morning... are there ways to swap email addresses?

Anyway, if anyone's interested in getting together from mid August, give me a shout.

Helen

Rajy Sun 13-Jul-08 16:16:27

Hi

i'm trying to move to chelmsford but currently staying with My in laws in Billericay. i'd like to get to know people in Chelmsford as we hope to move there at soem point. i have a 9month girl and pregnant...we don't do things in half measure.

happy yo meet people for coffee

Cheers

Raj

jenniebee Mon 14-Jul-08 20:57:17

Right girls, i'll start the ball rolling. Is anyone available to meet up some time next week in Chelmsford? smile

3missys Tue 15-Jul-08 11:32:30

HI, I was one of the originals on this local site and got no real responses! Have lived here since I was born and I live in Tile Kiln near Mouldsham Lodge and have a 2.10 year old and 1.6 year old, both girls. I work part time as well so very much busy all the time but don't mind trying to meet up or other contact of sorts!

I have a few other mummy friends that perhaps we could arrange a meet up with everyone although I know that would be hard getting suitable dates plus we are off to Turkey soon for our holidays! smile

Alaro Tue 15-Jul-08 12:26:58

Helen - I'm on the Sept '08 message board and live in Howe Green. I'm due on the 14th Sept but based on my DD arrival being 11 days early, I'm guessing that I'll be lucky to make the first week of Sept. Tried to get onto a NCT refresher course, but was fully booked! Hey ho. Happy to meet up whenever anyone can make it.

Brownally Tue 15-Jul-08 15:59:11

Hi Jennibee, i'm free to meet next week pretty much anytime and would love to meet other mums so count me in!

jenniebee Tue 15-Jul-08 22:57:14

Thursday next week somewhere in chelmsford? is that ok foe everyone? 3missys what days are good for you re work? envy you going on holiday!

3missys Wed 16-Jul-08 06:21:09

smile I work wednesday, thursday and friday night some weeks, but sometimes it is wednesday, thursday, friday so beginning of the week is best for me although saying that I am pretty busy prior to going away! (only 2 and a half weeks to go!) so maybe best if I catch up with you all if you do manage to meet up after I am back. Will check back in here to catch up.

Have a good week!

3missys Wed 16-Jul-08 06:21:57

Meant to say they are nights I am working so I sleep in the day (Mum has girls).

Rajy Wed 16-Jul-08 12:30:40

hi

i'm up for meeting Thursday day time. is morning good for people.

raj

jenniebee Tue 22-Jul-08 16:15:42

Sorry for not replying sooner. have to blow you out for the meet up, something has come up on thursday. try and arrange one for a few weeks time.

Nucha Mon 28-Jul-08 17:00:52

Hi All,

Looks like I missed the meeting (didn't check the website in time!!). Is anyone around this week? Am giving birth on 6th August, so this is my last week of not being a mum!

jenduck Thu 14-Aug-08 14:15:44

Hello!

Just found this part of the website! I am expecting DC1 on 7th December. I live in Tile Kiln, like 3missys!

Currently go to Aquanatal classes on a Wednesday evening at Riverside, but would love to meet any other pregnant ladies in the area.

3missys Mon 25-Aug-08 14:07:49

Hi jenduck! If you fancy meeting up I am only round the corner! What bird walk are you? Turkey was REALLY great, far to hot though - but a lovely family holiday and the girls copes great!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now