North Essex living info needed please?

(10 Posts)
W33K1w1 Wed 25-Oct-17 11:13:05

Hi. We are a family relocating to Essex to work in Maldon/Heybridge and have only a vague idea of the area. Can anyone please offer ideas of which the best (and worst) areas to live are please? We have a medium budget and will rent to start with but would like to put down roots somewhere long term. We are currently looking at Witham/Maldon/Heybridge/Halstead areas. We have primary and secondary school requirements too so would like to know what the schools are like too please x thanks in advance x

TopBitchoftheWitches Wed 25-Oct-17 13:26:34

I live in Halstead.
My children go to school in Coggeshall.

Maldon is nice, Halstead is also but I would, if I could, move to Coggeshall, it’s lovely there.

W33K1w1 Wed 25-Oct-17 13:50:54

Thank you x do you also happen to know what Witham is like specifically?

mustbemad17 Wed 25-Oct-17 20:34:46

Hiya smile I live in Tiptree, used to work as a carer in Tiptree, Maldon & Witham & inbetween. My daughter goes to school in Tiptree so can only really say what schools here are like but can give a general idea on house areas smile

mustbemad17 Wed 25-Oct-17 20:35:51

Witham depends very much on WHERE you live unfortunately. From my experience some areas are lovely & some are just downright awful 😱 Do you have any rough ideas of whereabouts you're considering? X

W33K1w1 Wed 25-Oct-17 20:44:57

Thanks mustbemad17 x looking at the newer houses in the catchment for Chipping Hill School bear Aldi and the pub?

Reden89 Wed 25-Oct-17 22:23:28

I live in Tiptree too and would say it’s an ideal ‘inbetween them all’ place with good schools and good access to a12, only 15 min drive to Maldon/Witham/Kelvedon/Stanway

I work in the community in Maldon and have probably been in a house down most streets and would say anywhere in Maldon is nice to live, a few more sought after than others but no where I would feel unsafe. Heybridge is nice too but primary school isn’t highly sort after which means the surrounding primary schools get full quickly with children from there (great Totham, maldon ones)

Witham probably is the one where you do have to carefully pick and choose your areas more carefully but the new estate near Aldi looks nice and I know the nursery there is very sought after! X

Hellen85 Thu 26-Oct-17 00:09:40

Witham is great I was really apprehensive due to reputation when we were growing up but we love it. We are on the lodge estate opposite the new one so very close to where you are looking. Did live of Braintree road before but moved due to the primary. Dd1 is at chipping hill primary and loves it.

mustbemad17 Thu 26-Oct-17 08:33:28

I agree with Reden89 about Tiptree/Maldon, & Witham. Witham is definitely the one you have to be more choosy about but that new estate is lovely. That area in general seems really nice, has a good feel about it xx

PerspicaciaTick Thu 26-Oct-17 21:09:40

Think carefully about any regular travelling/commuting you may be doing. Maldon and Heybridge are a little out on a limb.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now