Brentwood School - Working Parents

(3 Posts)
Turtle15 Mon 01-May-17 17:10:18

Looking for personal experience or advice - how do you manage to work and have your child attend Brentwood School? The hours aren't very long and at nursery age it's not even half day (this is the normal school entry point).

This is a genuine question as opposed to a rant!

alphasox Thu 26-Oct-17 04:32:33

I can't comment on that School specifically by my DS goes to a very similar one at the other end of the county. The answer is childminder and grandparents for us. The school also does a lot of after school and holiday provision. Hang in there - by year 3 their hours start increasing and by yrs 5 and 6 you can hardly see your kids (my yr 7 is now there 8-6 Monday to Friday and 9-1 Saturday and flexi-boards some midweeek nights if there are events or other extra curriculars). And there's school transport so He gets bussed home.
And believe me it sounds far off now but Yr7 will be on you in the blink of an eye.

mrsdane Thu 26-Oct-17 11:46:33

Not in the least bit helpful for you (apologies), but I've just started my DD at a different nursery (feeder to Brentwood) because the hours worked for me - Brentwood's hours put me off entirely. Although I understand it's much easier to gain a place as the child ages if they start in nursery.

Have you considered a childminder?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now