Accommodation and schools desperate help

(10 Posts)
Mummy2b83 Sat 12-Nov-16 07:33:00

Hi were moving to Southend on Sea and it's awful timing as it will be Xmas period, I will be 36 weeks pregnant and have 2 other little ones. I can't just pop down to Southend from Leeds as we have no childcare. So I'm desperately trying to understand schools, areas etc. Were budgeting 1200 for rent but good 3 beds seem to be more like 1300. Tbh it's the school catchment which is priority as we will be looking to buy in the long term. Any help would be so so appreciated as I don't know how I will get down to Southend to see anything.

gallicgirl Sat 12-Nov-16 23:11:17

Hi there. I hope you have a smooth move.
Schools wise, Leigh schools are good. West Leigh is very popular which means you have to live close to get in reception.

Eastwood has good schools and housing is slightly cheaper than Leigh, but I think there's less availability of family housing.

You've not said how old your children are but it's probably a good idea to call the council to see which schools have spaces.

gallicgirl Sat 12-Nov-16 23:24:36

Just had a quick look on Rightmove and there's not a lot.

You could try this one ; www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-62888048.html

gallicgirl Sat 12-Nov-16 23:25:33

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-56704795.html

Mummy2b83 Mon 14-Nov-16 10:35:42

Thanks gallic, I feel we have narrowed it down to Raleigh so looking at reception year there.so far down hall, wyburns, our lady ransom,and hockey primary have availability but not sure what would Be the best

gallicgirl Mon 14-Nov-16 20:20:26

I don't know Rayleigh so well.

GruffaloGrumble Tue 15-Nov-16 18:31:45

Our DC arent at school yet so no experience of Rayleigh primaries (although I can recommend a nursery ;)) but as a town it's fab and having bought here recently we found we could get more for our money than a lot of towns nearby.

That said with a lottery win and a husband who didn't need to travel into London on the train for work I'd move to Leigh like a shot. There's a reason they say it's the happiest place to live in Britain!

Good luck with the move.

Mummy2b83 Wed 16-Nov-16 09:19:21

Thankyou no lottery win here either so we will just need to rent then buy but even so rents are so much higher.

gallicgirl Wed 16-Nov-16 18:15:55

Rents have shot up over the last year or two.
My neighbour moved out recently and put his house on the market. We thought he was chancing his arm asking for £1100 a month and £950 was much more likely. Turns out we were wrong and it was rented within a couple of weeks.

highinthesky Mon 20-Feb-17 03:33:18

How did you get on, OP?

Hopefully you're enjoying life in Southend with a new baby smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now