New mum friends Chigwell/Woodford/Buckhurst Hill

(4 Posts)
claudiarosecarter Fri 22-Jan-16 12:49:28

Hi ladies,

I am a mum to a nearly 2 year old boy, I've recently moved to Woodford and don't know any mums in the area. I didn't do any baby classes or NCT as we moved when I was very pregnant and went too far to make it worth it! So have been lacking any mum friends for quite a while.

Does anyone have any tips on meeting new people, or would anyone like to meet for a coffee? I'm a photographer so really into artistic things, I like music and films and keeping fit (member of the david lloyd if anyone wanted a gym friend!)

Bellini239 Sat 30-Jan-16 17:04:07

Hi claudiarosecarter, how are you liking the area so far? I live very close by in Buckhurst hill and moved to the area as my husband is from around here from Central London. I came across your post as I was having a rant on the ttc forum as I've been trying for 5 months without any success... I am a writer and sometimes would hang out in some caf├ęs of woodford while musing haha. Let me know if you'd like anymore information about the area smile

claudiarosecarter Sat 30-Jan-16 19:08:09

Thanks Bellini! I like it, I lived in Wanstead a few years ago and my in laws are by the Snaresbrook Pond so know it a little - just not as a mum!! Are there any worthwhile groups or coffee mornings do you know? If not, should we start one!? x

Bellini239 Sat 30-Jan-16 21:02:04

Well, I don't actually have a baby yet as we're still ttc, but I do meet up with a group girls locally also ttc ... But if you ever fancy a coffee and wanna talk baby things let me know! Regarding meet up groups, I've heard that Wanstead has a much more active scene for young mums so if you have a car, maybe you could check some of them out? I know some of the mums there do exercising in the park which sounds like great fun. Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now