Any recommendations on maternity unit/hospital in Essex, Brentwood?

(4 Posts)
Ninoshka Sun 22-Nov-15 18:34:07

I will be moving to Billaricay in Essex in the middle of January. Can anybody please recommend a good maternity unit in Essex? There are posts from 2012 on mumsnet and they mostly recomended Broomfield hospital so wanted to check if this is still the best hospital with maternity facilities in Essex? Thank you

4m4nd4 Sun 22-Nov-15 18:42:27

Hello,

My last birth was 10 years ago however I used Colchester, Basildon and St. John's in Chelmsford. Sadly it has shut down now so all deliveries are carried out at Broomfield.

My only experience of Broomfield was when ds2 broke his wrist and had to stay in for a few days as he needed an operation.
My personal experience was that the staff were fantastic.

Ninoshka Sun 22-Nov-15 18:51:21

Thank you 4m4nd4! I will probably transfer my files to Broomfield, just need the reassurance this is the best place to give birth.

mackinnonka Mon 23-Nov-15 12:51:26

Hi Ninoshka

I would say go for either Broomfield or Basildon they are the closest for Billericay.

There is another thread called 'Billericay' where some of us are trying to get a friendship group together, pop over and join us if you like smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now