Laindon Essex

(7 Posts)
northeastMove2015 Thu 02-Jul-15 08:19:11

Hi we are moving end of July from the Northeast (co Durham)to Laindon in Essex and have a property but I know its a bit late as we have a property but I wondered about the area around Powell Road Laindon.
I've heard recently a few girls attacked at the train station, the others have been attacked in the park, Im coming on my own for a while without my husband and wondered if its a safe place to live ? as we could still pull out of the property deal if we felt it was unsafe and not a good area to live as we were thinking about Stanford Le Hope
thank you

nocarsgo Wed 08-Jul-15 20:59:12

Laindon generally isn't the nicest area. The "town centre" (if it could even be called that, it's very small) is absolutely horrible. Really fun down and grim looking.

I'm from Basildon originally and I would rather live there than Laindon. I'm not familiar with Stanford particularly, but I would rather live there than Laindon too.

Maybe I'm being unfair smile

northeastMove2015 Fri 10-Jul-15 22:52:30

OMG, Crikey sad we got told it was a nice area....Its well late now as well weve paid deposits and stuff, luckily its only to Rent, its a new build, which the council have built to regenerate families.
Wish we took the Stanford le hope property now, I hope we will be ok sad

nocarsgo Fri 10-Jul-15 23:03:46

Honestly, my knowledge may be way out of date! And I'm sure there are nicer areas to counteract the less nice parts, like any town.

The shopping centre really is grim though wink But on the plus side, there's a Lidl!

northeastMove2015 Sun 12-Jul-15 11:50:44

we got told Langdon and Laindon were nice areas, I guess I will invest in a house alarm, a large dog, ctv camers, police number on speed dial, and don't go out on a night....
Welcome to ESSEX...Even Middlesbrough isn't this BAD

nocarsgo Sun 12-Jul-15 12:16:28

I'm really sorry for worrying you! Like I said, all areas have good and bad parts, and I don't know Laindon well enough to comment on the particular road you're moving to.

I do know that one of the worst parts (nicknamed Alcatraz!) was demolished and new build houses put in its place, so I'm sure that had made a difference.

Langdon Hills is nice.

FWIW my cousin is a police officer and has recently bought a house in Laindon, so it can't be that bad.

Honestly I wish I'd never replied to this thread. I'm so sorry for worrying you, probably unnecessarily. I've lived in Essex almost all my life, and moved back here from outer London to raise my children.

northeastMove2015 Sun 12-Jul-15 22:52:49

NOCARSGO: The reason why I put a question on here is for people to be Honest with me and I really appreciate the messages, im starting a new job, new place, so once I get settled in, I will be able to find out for myself as well, and we can move within a year. Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now