Senior Applications - Next Year!

(2 Posts)
rainbow10 Sun 02-Nov-14 18:15:53

Thought I would ask now, as some of you may have just completed the application process this year.

I am looking to apply for a private school place for my child but that won't be confirmed until January 2016 - i.e. three months after the deadline for the state school applications in the previous October 2015.

Should I still apply for a state school place? I don't believe there will be a problem for where I want my child to go - but as it isn't confirmed till afterwards I don't want to be in the position of finding we have nowhere at all come January.

Does anyone have any experience of this?

Many thanks for any advice.

bobbinmcstobbin Tue 18-Nov-14 08:39:32

I would think you should - you can always withdraw once you have your private school place confirmed. In the event (however unlikely) that your private school place falls through if you've missed the deadline to apply for a state place then you are at the back of the queue for a school place and will likely end up at a less desirable school.

I unsure, you could you just ask your local authority but I can't imagine they would advise you not to apply for a state place if your private place isn't guaranteed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now