Anyone fancy a Mid Essex meet up?

(58 Posts)
TsaMidEssex Thu 30-Jun-11 22:04:48

I know that there are quite a few Mid Essex MNers around, but so far we've struggled to meet up.

I was wondering if anybody fancies meeting for a picnic in Central Park in Chelmsford?

We could do a weekday, or a weekend depending on what suits everyone best. It would be lovely if we could arrange it during the summer holiday - which is not far off now.

I'd be bringing my 7yo DD and 3yo DS.

Please let me know what you think.

TsaMidEssex Thu 28-Jul-11 18:28:28

I'm away on the Bank Holiday weekend - but we can still organise something if it's a popular choice.

Think I'll start a new thread and link to it here.

Nomdujour Thu 28-Jul-11 23:02:33

Hello, he's feeling better now, thanks. I am the poster formerly known as Fox smile

It's turned out to be just a minor cold and about twelvety-million teeth all popping through at the same time, poor sausage. Took me till 9.30 to get him to go down tonight!

TsaMidEssex Tue 02-Aug-11 12:00:31

I've just started a new thread about meeting up in Maldon soon.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/local_mid_essex/1271690-Maldon-Promenade-Park-Meet-up

TIA.

liamsdaddy Wed 07-Sep-11 13:57:51

I know this thread has been a little quiet recently; but we have discovered a couple more potential meet locations.

Oaklands Park, Chelmsford - has a nice childrens play area with plenty of seats around the main play area and a reasonable picnic areas. Also there is the essex regiment museum for older children. There are public toilets on site and free car parking for probably 20 or 30 cars.

We also discovered Lake Meadows in Billericay. This has a largish play area with wide range of equipment and you can feed the ducks! There is a cafe and toilets on site. (Mostly) free car parking there too - there is chargeable period over lunchtime. Not too far from the rail station either.

I also noted that the Waterhouse Lane car park in Chelmsford is also free on Saturday and Sundays. It's only a short walk to central park too!

Divinyl Thu 22-Sep-11 22:06:22

We could meet up if there are any plans for similar activities in future (little one is 11mo).

gillybean2 Wed 28-Sep-11 16:32:19

So are ther eany plans for a half term meet up? Our half term is getting filled up already!
We'll be heading to colchester zoo one of the days, probably one of the weekends either side of it, if anyone else fancied that..?

liamsdaddy Fri 30-Sep-11 15:12:24

/me bumps the thread a bit

We are also thinking of a trip to Colchester Zoo soon, although that will probably be on a weekday and not in the half term so things are a little quieter (I've still got a day or so vacation to use).

gillybean2 Sun 16-Oct-11 10:23:23

Has to be half term or a weekend for me sorry as ds is at school and I work all but holidays.
Haven't found it too busy during the day time for shrik week when we've been before. I think the colder weather keeps the less determined away. It is busier in the evenings though, with all the spooky stuff they have on.

Our gold cards are about to run out, so we're peobably going to go either sat 22nd or sun 23rd. Half term is getting really booked up for us though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now