Mother and Infant Observation

(1 Post)
MVMBirkbeck Wed 11-Oct-17 08:48:59

Hi Everyone

I am a student from Birkbeck University and undertaking an MSc in Psychodynamic Counselling and Psychotherapy.

Part of my course includes a Mother and Baby Observation with the purpose of enabling the student to learn about child development from direct experience, rather than learning only from reading. I would love to potentially observe a family from mumsnet and wondered if anyone was interested.

There are a few practicalities which include:

· The observation takes place for 1 hour each week, in the family home, usually on the same day & time, during ordinary working hours, throughout the first year of the baby’s life
· The observations will begin ideally in Term 1, when the baby is 7-10 days old. The minimum requirement is 20 observations in the first year of the course, (October – June). The usual holiday breaks will be taken at Christmas, Easter and Summer
· The aim is to observe a baby growing up in the context of ordinary family life, so mother/baby and any family members present will continue in their usual way, while the observer is present.

I also have a valid DBS, follow confidentiality policies and will be monitored by the University.

If this sounds like something you would be interested in please feel free to contact me and we can have more of a discussion.

Hope to hear from you soon

Best Wishes
Melissa x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now