Worcesters primary school

(12 Posts)
Meissajj Wed 06-May-15 12:03:29

Hello
I need a quick advice plz
My soon is currently at suffolks primary school and his dad want to move him to worcesters primary school
I know that they had a outstanding report , but honestly I would like to find out about parents reviewing
Does any body can give me idea about this school and wich one is better : BCZ we are new in the area so I don't have a large idea about schools
Much appreaciate
Thankswink

BarnetEnfieldEditor Wed 06-May-15 12:33:37

Hi there, I hope someone comes along to give you some advice soon. I'll also bump on the Mumsnet Enfield facebook group for you smile

Meissajj Wed 06-May-15 12:36:41

Thank yousmile

BarnetEnfieldEditor Thu 07-May-15 16:57:35

Hi Meissajj
I promoted your post on the Mumsnet Enfield facebook for you and here's a lovely reply from a fellow mumsnetter in Enfield:

Apologies for the delay. My son goes to Worcesters and is in reception. It was our second choice initially-mainly on distance and its big compared to our nearest primary school. Both myself and my partner are happy with the school. The reception teaching staff have been fantastic and my little one is doing really well. I agree that Ofsted ratings aren't the only indicator of what makes a good school. It's outstanding and that's hard to maintain but the school seems to be working well and doing this. Hopefully other parents or someone with links to the school can give you info too. Good luck x x x

If anyone else would like to join in the chat and offer their views, please do :-)

Meissajj Fri 08-May-15 13:21:23

Thanks sooo much , this help us really

qah34 Wed 20-May-15 01:43:33

I am a newbie here and you are my first post!

Incidentally, my daughter was allocated a reception place for Worcesters last year. She was there for a term. Although the school was pushing the children and trying to raise their achievements, I felt the school was far too big. Four form entry and my daughter did not settle, every lunch time she cried. I wasn't sure her teacher was that receptive to parents; however with the children she was very good.

I moved my daughter to a new primary school called Edmonton Country Primary Phase and it was the best thing I've done. Small classes, lots of support and a very approachable school.

It is worth looking into as they do have spaces (currently one form but will grow into two form).

Worcesters' Ofsted was Outstanding when my daughter attended.

Hope the above helps somewhat.

LaCompanera Mon 25-May-15 20:14:42

Hello,Worcesters is a well managed school and have dealt with the expansion from two form to three, brilliantly.There is a dedicated Parent Adviser who parents can turn to if they have any problems, no matter how small it may seem (: There are extras such as a Walking Bus, depending on where you live and Enfield Council's mobile library bus every Tuesday. Despite the expansion the school has still maintained it's beautiful grounds.

BarnetEnfieldEditor Tue 02-Jun-15 16:16:11

I love the Walking Bus idea! More schools should do this, IMO smile

LaCompanera Wed 03-Jun-15 19:01:43

"it's beautiful grounds"-that should be its! Ha-shouldn't type when I'm tired!

BarnetEnfieldEditor Wed 24-Jun-15 22:14:30

Don't worry LaCompanera, we forgive you! ;-)

qah34 Tue 21-Jul-15 02:24:45

Good to hear. Forgive my ignorance, but what is a 'Walking Bus' service?

BarnetEnfieldEditor Sun 26-Jul-15 12:42:30

No worries qah34 - here is a link to more information about walking (and bike) buses smile

www.walkingschoolbus.org/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now