Coffee/ Playdates around N14 Southgate

(35 Posts)
Minimimimi Tue 05-Mar-13 04:08:26

We have recently moved to Southgate and I'm keen to meet other mums and babes within the area.
I have a 3 week old newborn and a 18 month toddler.
Would love to meet for coffees/ play dates.

Sevbeying Thu 05-Feb-15 00:14:22

Hi mums, as a new resident in southgate I m looking for local playgroups for my 2 year old daughter around southgate and would be lovely to meet new mums. Could you please share the ones you know?

Thank you.

GoSarries Thu 27-Feb-14 22:46:02

Hi all

Not sure if people get PMs from here so will post again - happy to meet up, I have a 3.5yo DD and 1.5yo DS.
I'm near Cat Hill roundabout.

Vickitortor Sun 05-Jan-14 20:06:41

Hi, I've just joined mumsnet and am looking for other local mums to meet up with. I go to one baby group on Monday mornings but that's it. My little girl has just turned 6 months. We live Oakwood side of Enfield.

Anyone nearby and interested in a meet up let me know

Micasaestucasa Mon 30-Dec-13 11:38:08

Hi mums, there hasn't been much activity in here, but if anyone fancies meeting up it would be great. I have just moved to Chase Side and am keen to make some friends! I have a 21-month-old DD. Happy to drive to other parts of Enfield. Please get in touch!

leilypops Thu 05-Dec-13 19:48:05

Minimimimi I'm so sorry I didn't see your reply until now!! Still really keen to do a meet up. Shall we make a date? Sounds like there are a lot of us local mummies! An H&H afternoon coffee with everyone would be really great!

DianaPoz Thu 21-Nov-13 03:35:04

Hi ladies I am also in Southgate, have a very active 20 month old boy, so would love to meet mums with toddlers as well.

Hope someone will get in touch soon

XxX

Kassykas Fri 27-Sep-13 21:10:55

Glad I found this! I've been going to rhyme times in the area but haven't found the Mums very friendly. Would love to introduce my 9 month girl to other babies and also to meet other friendly Mummies! I live in Southgate, very close to the station.

lulululululu12 Tue 24-Sep-13 00:19:33

Hey ladies I live inbetween Southgate and Winchmore hill. Would love to join this lovely group of mummie. I have a 9th little boy.

vktvkt Mon 23-Sep-13 11:38:03

Hi, similarly I was looking for a local meet up online & found this. I have an almost 9 month old & live near the tube station. Would it be OK to gatecrash your group?!

Minimimimi Tue 10-Sep-13 13:10:36

Sure Leyla-

Drop me a message when you return from your holidays and we can catch up! ;-)

LeylaAlara Thu 05-Sep-13 12:10:49

Hello ladies! I was searching for Southgate play dates and found this thread - can I join in with my little one? She is 14 months old and we live between Southgate and Oakwood tube stations (on that long stretch of road in between)
I've joined some classes but they are all morning times - and we have nothing to do in the afternoon and getting a bit claustrophobic at home smile
We're off on holidays for a week next week - would be lovely to have some meetups when we get back(?)

Minimimimi Thu 22-Aug-13 16:14:33

Of course Leilypops.
We're busy next week, but how does the first week of September sound?

leilypops Thu 15-Aug-13 18:50:59

A bit late to the thread, but wondering if I could join you for a meet up! I've just moved to Southgate as well, and was hoping to meet some local mums. I have a 20 month old, and I currently take her to a few groups around North London, we moved from Muswell Hill so I end up back there or Crouch End a lot, but I'm really keen to find some more local things to do! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Icklemariposa01 Tue 07-May-13 21:59:25

Hello GoSarries. Sorry we missed you the other week.

We have just moved to our house so at the mo just trying to settle in my LO.

Dunno if you know but there is a mini festi it seems at Gladstone park 18th and 19th!

GoSarries Thu 25-Apr-13 13:58:12

Oh sorry missed this sad Both my DC sleep from 1.30-3pm (well, they should, but DC2 is teething like a nightmare sad)

If ever you're around later in the afternoon we'd be happy to come along smile

Minimimimi Thu 25-Apr-13 12:23:13

Ha ha ha wink

Icklemariposa01 Thu 25-Apr-13 11:38:10

I feel I should be carrying a carnation and a newspaper!!

I have a black bugaboo beegringrin

Minimimimi Thu 25-Apr-13 11:08:31

Fab- see you this afternoon.

I have a blue bugaboo bee.

Icklemariposa01 Thu 25-Apr-13 09:01:15

Just seen this!!

H&H sounds good to me.

Minimimimi Tue 23-Apr-13 03:01:56

Hi Icklemari and GoSarries,

How does Thursday afternoon at around 1.30pm sound?
I was going to suggest H&H, but perhaps you ladies have better ideas on other places which could accommodate 3 buggies? I'm easy.

GoSarries- Good luck with the new childminder. smile

GoSarries Mon 22-Apr-13 10:41:13

Hi Minimi and hello Icklemari smile

We seem to have had not much free time recently, we're just about to start settling both DC at a new childminder so that will take up 2 days smile and sad though!

If you're meeting on Thursday or Friday, I can do afternoons. I can't remember the last time I had a nice cup of tea in a cafe... grin

Icklemariposa01 Sun 21-Apr-13 20:46:18

Hey minimi!

Yes. Indeed! I have had that a few times too. Cor yes. Tears inducing pain sometimes!

Sounds good to me! Thursday or Friday I can do grin

Minimimimi Sun 21-Apr-13 04:48:17

Hi Icklemari!

My daughter is a week older than your little one.

I'm just recovering from my second round of mastitis- damn its painful. How does late next week sound (gives me some recovery time), coffee on the high st.?

Icklemariposa01 Sat 20-Apr-13 08:49:27

Heya!

Are you ladies planning to meet up. I have a 9 week old and would love to meet other mummys in the N14 area brewbrewbrew

Minimimimi Tue 19-Mar-13 06:13:21

Hi Zeka!

Congratulations on your pregnancy. We look forward to you joining the classes when DS2 arrives. Not long to go grin

Personally for me, having two has been double trouble and by far much more challenging than when it was only DS1. It probably doesn't help that my DD is an absolute cry baby.

I've not checked the southgate swimming pool, but have placed myself on the waiting list at Aquababies. DS1 attended this swim school when he was a few months old. I was pleased to learn that they also have branches in north London (st johns, frien Barnet and also Finchely) their facilities offers a hrdrothereapy cool with temperatures of 30c. Its just like having a long extended for them.

We're moving this weekend!
not looking forward to the chaos of the move- but cant wait to be in N14 smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now