Trouble finding older children for 11 year old daughter

(7 Posts)
chaychull Sun 30-Aug-09 11:56:13

My 11 year old daughter and I recently moved to Edinburgh after my getting engaged. Unfortunately, she won't be able to start school until after the marriage and visas being processed, and will be homeschooled in the meantime. I would really like to find some kids her age for her to play with on the weekends.

Thanks!

curlyredhead Sun 30-Aug-09 12:43:43

Guides/Scouts/woodcraft folk?

Do you go to a church? There may be a youth church / sunday school attached.

There's quite a lot of sports classes - have a look here for the edinburgh leisure stuff for 11-17.

Let us know what type of thing your dd is interested in and we might be able to point you to other good stuff.

Do you know which area you'll live in / school your dd will be going to?

chaychull Sun 30-Aug-09 13:27:55

We do not go to church, and since my fiancee will be the only one working until visas are sorted out, classes aren't really an option right now.

We live in Warriston, close to the east entrance of the botanics, and she'll be starting at Broughton Primary just after the start of second term.

My daughter is very creative. She writes books and screenplays, draws comics, sculpts, etc. She also loves reading and science. She also loves playing outdoors (as pretty much every kid does.)

I just thought that if there were other parents with kids her age, we could meet at parks and things of that nature.

curlyredhead Sun 30-Aug-09 17:20:19

Ah, fair enough, thought you were looking for ideas for places to meet other children the same sort of age.

Hope you can find some people with similar ages, my 4 and 1 year olds probably wouldn't cut it!

StewieGriffinsMom Mon 31-Aug-09 15:02:01

Message withdrawn

chaychull Tue 01-Sep-09 21:43:46

Thanks, StewieGriffinsMom! I had been told by other parents that you weren't allow to enroll a child in school here if visas weren't sorted out. It seemed to make perfect sense to me, so I didn't even try.

The head teacher at Broughton was incredibly nice about the whole thing. She starts school tomorrow!

mawbroon Wed 02-Sep-09 10:06:34

that's good news!

I hope she settles in quickly and enjoys it. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now