The Enchanted Forest

(5 Posts)
manicmamma Thu 20-Aug-09 15:10:12

Has anyone been to the Enchanted Forest in faskally Pitlochry? Sounds great but was hoping for some feedback from mums..
thanks

Thelongroadhome Thu 20-Aug-09 22:27:15

I've been and although I enjoyed it I wasnt sure it was that great. We went from Edinburgh so it was a bit of a hike and my 3 were quite young (about 6,4 and 3 I think). You had to get on a bus at Pitlochry which took you to the site, you went round the loch it was on, and then waited for a bus back. It was all really well organised and we had a great night for it but it was just .... Ok. I do know some people love it tho and I feel a bit mean. ... I am still glad I went tho but not sure I would go about recommending it that much.

manicmamma Fri 21-Aug-09 10:27:54

All of the feedback I've had has been really positive but all from people WITHOUT children or....... any understanding of what is suitable for them.
My children are 5 and 1 and I thought it would be quite good for an Autumn activity for the older one. Not sure what to do.... if it's worth the journey form Edinburgh.
Thanks for your info.

Thelongroadhome Fri 21-Aug-09 11:33:18

Decided my message was far too non-commital so looked up the website again and saw that it was doing it a bit differently and having different light displays around the forest. That was one of the things we were a bit disappointed with - there was one big display - but then you just walked round - whereas now it sounds like theres more interest and also the fact that it has a spooky wood play area for children will make it better for them. The other thing for us was that we had booked it for 7 ish to make sure it was dark but it meant they were all a bit tired.

manicmamma Fri 21-Aug-09 17:51:40

The website was really good.Yes that true by the time it's dark it's bedtime and my dd gets grumpy. ....mmm maybe plan B.
thanks thelongroadhome

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now