I see Ikea are doing kids parties now.

(10 Posts)
mawbroon Thu 13-Aug-09 21:33:07

I think they might be so brand new that nobody has been to one or had one for their child yet.

I am toying with the idea of having a party out of the house for ds this year, and wondered if Ikea are any good at it....

K999 Thu 13-Aug-09 21:43:32

Have never heard of them! Is that kinda like 'pass the parcel' escept it will be 'build the flat pack item'!! grin

Am wondering what they will be like...am intrigued. Think you should book one and let us all know!!

mawbroon Thu 13-Aug-09 22:08:49

I just saw little adverts for them dotted around the cafe today. It said to look on their website. Perhaps I should do that, eh?

mawbroon Thu 13-Aug-09 22:11:59

Here we are!

Looks ok in theory. Have never actually been to any of these types of kids parties yet (ds just getting to the age where they might be happening), so perhaps they are awful.

Who knows....

K999 Thu 13-Aug-09 22:16:49

IME all kids parties are awful!! grin but this may be different - at least the mess is not at your house!!

aGalChangedHerName Thu 13-Aug-09 22:17:42

Hi MB

I have so far resisted doing a party of any sort for the dd's but did do the soft play/food thing for the ds's many moons ago.

Can't stand them personally but the dc love em hmm

mawbroon Thu 13-Aug-09 22:21:01

Hi agalch. How you doing? Did you hear my news?

We had a party in the house last year and there were 8 kids in total. It was from 4-6pm and they got a proper tea, and the adults got a buffet.

Everyone (including the adults) had a great time, but it was a lot of work.

My trouble is that I am a lazy arse.

aGalChangedHerName Fri 14-Aug-09 09:16:30

Hi MB

Yes i did actually. I happened to see you on a thread ages ago,think it was early on and you were just 'coming out' iykwim? How are you feeling? What fab news for you all!!! Congratulations!!

I have only done family (grannys etc) for the dd's so far. I have promised the dd's we will do a Mill Farm party or whatever. You can hire childrens entertainers (costs a lot) but they bring all the stuff and do all the work so that would suit me fine lol.

bookswapper Sun 16-Aug-09 21:29:08

I asked about this. It's run in the Ikea cafe then the kids come down to the ball pool to play for 50 minutes. The only time available is 5pm so maybe best suited to older children?

mawbroon Sun 16-Aug-09 21:39:20

Yes, I saw on the website it's from 5pm on a couple of weeknights.

Can't see that being a hit. But you never know!

So they eat first? Then puke it all up in the ballroom. LOL

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now