Prenatal exercise classes

(8 Posts)
Magigi Fri 07-Aug-09 11:10:38

Hi All,
I'm new here- 4.5 months pregnant with no. 1!
I live in Morningside and was wondering if you could point me in the direction of some good pregnancy exercise classes. I've tried googling but get too many results and would appreciate hearing from your experiences!
Thank you!
Mag

Ruby2Tuesday Fri 07-Aug-09 15:05:30

I really enjoyed yoga at the Pregnancy and Parents Centre (formerly the Birth Resource Centre). It isn't particularly challenging physically, but it's really good at teaching you to focus on your breathing, giving you some time to clear your head, and meeting other expectant mums.

Magigi Sat 08-Aug-09 21:07:37

Thanks- I'll look it up!

christiana Sat 08-Aug-09 21:36:14

Message withdrawn

moonymama Wed 19-Aug-09 12:13:11

Hi
I'm also 4.5 months pregnant living in Morningside! I've just started going to Mulberry House yoga on a Tuesday night. I had my first class last night and I really liked it. The yoga is tame but it's on for a couple of hours which is nice and relaxing. Best bit is tea and choccy biccies after and a chat. I tried Aditi Yoga but its only on for just over an hour and feels a bit rushed. I've applied for the Bea Alexander pilates but its only small classes of 3 so not sure if I'll get a spot. I think they do exercise classes at Heriot Watt but that's a bit further away. I do loads of walking (esp as already have a 14 month old!). Give me a shout if you find anything else and fancy a fitness partner as I'm always looking for new fitness stuff to do :-)

Magigi Mon 24-Aug-09 20:05:32

Thanks for all your advise. I did try to get into Bea Alexanders course but I'm no. 6 on the waiting list- so I think there is no chance... I bought Erin OBriens dvd so hoping to start it sometime this week

Moonymama- could you send me a line to margivilnay at yahoo com as I def will have a look around for other things and it would be great to have someone try them with!!

Mag

Ruby2Tuesday Tue 25-Aug-09 00:00:26

Magigi, have you tried Manuka Health? I didn't use them during pregnancy, but I'm attending their classes to get back into shape post birth, and really liking the instructors.

manicmamma Mon 31-Aug-09 11:23:46

Big thumbs up for yoga at Mulberry House I really enjoyed the class and the chats...was really chilled at the end of the class.
Aqua natal at Portobello was great too.. bit far for you
Magigi hope you find a class suitable, it's great way to build up your stamina for the big day and just that overall feel good buzz after a work out..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now