Babysitting in Edinburgh in August

(5 Posts)
HelterSkelter Fri 31-Jul-09 22:26:12

Hi, I have tickets for various events at the book festival over different days in August.
My son, 2.5, was going to go to some while I went to others and my original childcare plans have fallen through.

I'm looking for a reliable babysitter in Edinburgh who could take him to his events or just play with / keep an eye on him while I'm at mine. The days I'm particularly stuck for are 21st (4 hours) and 25th (about an hour), but potentially also 24th and 26th, also both about an hour.

Would be really grateful if anyone can help solve this problem.

hambo Fri 31-Jul-09 22:30:21

Lucky you getting Book Festival tickets!

Sorry I can't help as I too have a 2.5 yr old and a baby, (so would probably lose someone!), but best of luck. I used an agency once, it was quite cheap, considering. (0131 554 9500 Family circle)

HelterSkelter Sun 02-Aug-09 15:11:20

...only having learnt from long experience! Last year I wasted a day travelling in & back to queue. This year (also having a baby now!) I was on the internet the first morning and unlike last year it did work most of the time. But most of the small kids stuff was still sold out by the end of the day!

Thank you for your tip - I hadn't thought of that but will try them.

mawbroon Sun 02-Aug-09 19:43:41

Hi HelterSkelter. I am a registered childminder in Edinburgh, and might be able to help you out.

I do have to drop ds at nursery and collect a mindee from school, so it would depend what time you day you are looking for help.

CAT me with more details if you are still stuck.

MumRW Sun 16-Aug-09 08:27:26

Hi, I am a Mum- new to Edinburgh with the same problem. Really wanted to go to a recital tomorrow at 11am for example but husband is at work. I was thinking about trying to find a like-minded Mum to do some swaps with for day and evening babysitting. It would be great to carry this on if all works out - I am a freelance classical musician who needs to start thinking about getting back to some sort of part-time work! We are in New Town. My son is 8 months. Good luck with the search.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now