Good wet weather places for kids?

(11 Posts)
HelterSkelter Fri 24-Jul-09 23:30:35

...ideally that are not too crowded (because of swine flu), for a mix of kids ages from toddlers up. I'm trying to fix a day out in Edinburgh but live an hour away and don't know the best places to go. Will drive in.

mawbroon Sat 25-Jul-09 12:03:41

You looking for free/cheap? Or willing to pay higher admission prices?

HelterSkelter Sat 25-Jul-09 12:07:08

Hi mawbroon - would prefer cheap, but will pay if necc.

christiana Sat 25-Jul-09 14:37:17

Message withdrawn

HelterSkelter Sat 25-Jul-09 15:06:24

Thank you for these - great ideas! Where would be the best place to park for these? I will have a 2 year old + baby and pram on my own and want to avoid getting drenched getting there if poss (heavy rain forecast tomorrow).

christiana Sat 25-Jul-09 15:24:39

Message withdrawn

christiana Sat 25-Jul-09 15:26:44

Message withdrawn

mawbroon Sun 26-Jul-09 07:10:48

If you were at the Camera obscura, there is a tartan shop next door where they have a small weaving exhibition. It's not worth trekking to on it's own, but will kill another few minutes if you were up there anyway.

Museum is good. The main part is shut just now, but there is still loads to see in the new bit. I say new bit LOL, it's probably 10 years old by now!! They don't really advertise this, but if you ask them, they will say it's ok to eat a packed lunch on the mustard coloured seat near the old red car at the entrance. I made the mistake of once eating a packed lunch with two toddlers in the EMPTY schools section, only for a jobsworth to tell me to move. FFS.

Hope you have a good day!

FeatheredHeart Sun 26-Jul-09 21:47:31

Message withdrawn

HelterSkelter Tue 28-Jul-09 22:44:39

Thank you, I got these after the day out in the end. Have made a note of them all for future reference and no doubt will be going soon!

We went to Mollys soft play for the first time at the Ocean terminal. He loved it so much I barely saw him for 3 hours!

mawbroon Wed 29-Jul-09 15:51:01

Glad you had a lovely time. smile

Blimey, three hours at Molly's??? You've got stamina!! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now