Edinburgh and nearby days out

(3 Posts)
rookiemater Mon 29-Jun-09 16:36:00

Just wanted to let people know about a couple of events that I found out about.

Next weekend 4th - 5th July is the Five Sisters zoo open weekend. I don't know if that means it is free in but assume it has special events on. We haven't been before and its been recommended by someone on here so planning a visit.

On Saturday 11th July 11am - 4pm Ratho Climbing centre is having a Family Fun day with Animal Handling, Outdoor Games, Topps Play, Caterpillar Music and Climbing and Abseiling.

Anyone else got any open days or things on that might be worth going to over the summer ?

mawbroon Tue 30-Jun-09 18:57:19

Sounds good rookie.

quite a long way off, but I have put the Strathaven balloon festival in my diary. I think it's 29th August.

DS is fascinated by hot air balloons, so this one could be a winner!

baiyu Mon 06-Jul-09 09:14:40

The Big Tent Festival in Falkland, Fife. 25-27 July, only about 40 mins from Edinburgh and you can go for the day, adults about £10, children free. SO much to do for kids! Train to Markinch and then free shuttle bus. We went last year and it was soooo good, this year we're going for the whole weekend and camping with 14month DS. Really child friendly and a wonderful atmosphere, can't praise it enough. (and no Im not affiliated!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now