Hotels in the Royal Mile

(10 Posts)
aGalChangedHerName Sat 13-Jun-09 16:32:27

Got a wedding at Dynamic Earth in July so looking for somewhere nice to stay around that area?

Anyone know anywhere??

TIA

LadySweet Sun 14-Jun-09 11:00:34

Radisson SAS Hotel is right on the Royal Mile, Scotsman Hotel is just round the corner as is The Caledonian. There is an Apex Hotel in the Grassmarket (probabaly 10 mins walk from Dynamic Earth)which has some rooms with great views of Edinburgh Castle.

aGalChangedHerName Sun 14-Jun-09 18:55:02

Thanks LadySweet. Will have a look at those.

mawbroon Mon 15-Jun-09 13:28:58

I just did a gig in the McDonald Holyrood which is right across from Dynamic Earth. It looked nice from what I saw.

aGalChangedHerName Mon 15-Jun-09 13:40:12

Oh thanks MB. Will have a look at that too. Do me a favour and send me a quick text will you? And ask NP to send me one too? Stupid bloody phone shop repaired my mobile but wiped all my numbers after saying they had extracted them from my sim or whatever. So now have no numbers arrgghhh!!!

How are you btw?

mawbroon Mon 15-Jun-09 13:45:33

I'm fine thanks, youself?. I will text you and put NPs number in the text.

curlyredhead Mon 15-Jun-09 13:55:17

There's a new one opening - hotel missoni, I think? It's just been built, on the corner of the RM and George IV bridge - looks v nice from the outside!

Tatties Thu 18-Jun-09 13:57:15

I can second the Holyrood - have stayed there a couple of times

Bellebelle Thu 18-Jun-09 23:03:30

The hotel missoni isn't as good as it sounds btw. Have been a couple of times for work stuff and quite disappointed. Not on royal mile but still in the old town is Hotel Du Vin which is really lovely.

mousemole Mon 22-Jun-09 19:42:25

just stayed at hotel du vin and rooms pokey

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now