Edinburgh - Anyone in Stockbridge or with DC at Stockbridge School?

(6 Posts)
Shitemum Tue 02-Jun-09 00:08:02

We are moving back to Edinburgh this July. Just had the DDs places confirmed at Stockbridge Primary today! DD1 will be going into P2 in August and DD2 will start nursery in January next year.
If there are any MNers in the Stockbridge/Newtown area with DC at Stockie School we would love to meet up before term starts...(we don't know anyone {sniff})

(Also if there are any other families bi-lingual in Spanish anywhere nearby then we'd love to meet you too...)
smile

Shitemum Wed 03-Jun-09 23:00:01

bump

mrswee Mon 08-Jun-09 10:27:54

HI
I have passed this on the a friend who lives in Stockie and has a wee boy at the school. She's not a member here but may get back to you.
I know that it's a very nice little community down there and you and you wee ones will make friends straight away. I would say stockbridge is one the most community based areas in Edinburgh!

good luck!

missgracie Mon 08-Jun-09 21:20:53

hey i live in stockbridge with my son he is in p2 at stockbridge primary, we are trying to learn spanish as want to move there eventually.

mrswee Tue 09-Jun-09 21:36:38

hi love!

Shitemum Wed 10-Jun-09 01:14:26

Thanks mrswee!
Hi missgracie!

I am in touch now with some of the parents with DC in the current P1 which DD1 will be joining in August.

I believe there are Spanish classes at Stockbridge run by La Jolie Ronde(sp.?). Does your DS go to them? What level is your Spanish?

Why do you want to move to Spain and which part are you looking at?
{Shitemum realises she may be somewhat jaded and faded after 20 years "in the sun"...}

Anyway, we'll probably find each other soon enough...See you soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now