pest control companies

(6 Posts)
bookswapper Sat 30-May-09 23:38:30

we have a carpet beetle problem and i need a reputable pest control company in Edinburgh/Lothians.

Preferably one that wont charge the earth and will offer advice as well. (I understand they are persistent little horrors.)

Can anyone help?

wrongsideof40 Sun 31-May-09 22:42:05

Hi don't know about carpet beetles - what on earth are they ? we have used Rentokil in the past who were very nice but I think may be expensive compared with independant operators. Also used the council service - for wasps - not sure if they would kill your beetles , but worth a phone call ?

HLaurens Mon 01-Jun-09 20:25:56

I just used Reaper Pest Control to get rid of mice in our flat. It was a one off fee with a promise to come back again after a week if the mice were still around. They have a big ad in the phone directory. The guy was very nice, had years of experience, and the blighters were dead within three days as promised!

bookswapper Mon 01-Jun-09 21:51:30

the beetles are the adults...woolly bears are the larvae which eat the carpets and clothes (but only expensive merino wool, cashmere, silk...)

bargainhuntingbetty Mon 01-Jun-09 21:57:38

If they are a dangerrr/pest and you have children wont the council send someone out. You may be charged but at least they are reputable.

bookswapper Mon 01-Jun-09 22:16:18

the council will come out and spray everywhere for £70. They are reputable i agree and i may go for them. I just wondered if they had the specific expertise...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now