PreNatal Yoga classes - finding Aditi a bit tame

(15 Posts)
christiana Mon 26-Jan-09 09:48:20

Message withdrawn

mawbroon Mon 26-Jan-09 10:34:34

Hi Christiana, sorry, no idea about the yoga.

I haven't done any aquafit classes in Edinburgh, but did some in West Lothain 3.5yrs ago. They were a bit rubbish tbh, just going for a swim myself would have been more beneficial I think! But I guess it will depend on who is running the class

mawbroon Mon 26-Jan-09 10:35:34

Sorry, do you mean aquafit or aquanatal?

I am talking about aquanatal.

christiana Mon 26-Jan-09 10:38:31

Message withdrawn

manicmamma Mon 26-Jan-09 14:39:21

Did you try yoga class at Mulberry House? I really enjoyed the exercise and the informal pregnancy labour chats. wouldn"t describe the yoga as very energetic though.
Done aquanatal at Portobello with first pregnancy which was a great work out but returned last year for 2nd pregnancy to find a different midwife facilitating the class. I think I tracked down the more energetic midwife aquanatal class at Gracemount. Sorry cant remember her name.

christiana Tue 27-Jan-09 09:28:27

Message withdrawn

weeglenny Thu 29-Jan-09 12:26:54

I did aquanatel at the Victoria Baths in Leith - the midwife Maureen who took the class was excellent and it was nice to meet lots of other mums-to-be too.

Although swimming is good exercise in pregnancy, some the things we did in the aquanatel class worked on our pelvic floor muscles so were specifically designed for pregnant ladies

SheherazadetheGoat Thu 29-Jan-09 12:34:36

the mulberry house class is definitely more about preparing for birth.

curlygal Mon 02-Feb-09 19:22:52

I went to a great yoga for pregnancy at the salisbury centre. The teacher was called Clare and she was a mid wife as well as a yoga teacher. I would recommend that class highly.

Also went to aquafit which I enjoyed - it was not a special one - I just told the teacher I was pregnant. That was at the commonwealth pool.

christiana Wed 04-Feb-09 15:57:10

Message withdrawn

Clarabelle78 Tue 10-Feb-09 13:07:47

Hi there, I was thinking about trying out a prenatal yoga class but I've never done any yoga before. As far as I can see all these classes want you to pay for a full term and I'm worried I won't enjoy it as I'm more used to energetic exercise!

Would aquafit/aquanatal be more suitable?

christiana Tue 10-Feb-09 13:13:20

Message withdrawn

Clarabelle78 Tue 10-Feb-09 15:32:07

Thanks Christiana. I've just seen that the Birth Resource Centre do a one-off trial session and their blocks are only 5 weeks so might try there.

I'm due 17th May and really starting to feel I should exercise more. I'm definitely more a pool person but the thought of getting there at the moment when it is so cold is putting me off!

I'll look into the DVD's as well. At the least it will give my DH a laugh smile

christiana Tue 10-Feb-09 16:42:43

Message withdrawn

Clarabelle78 Wed 11-Feb-09 13:02:35

I've been trying to get out more walking but I've been feeling particularly lazy this last week. Off swimming tonight for the first time in ages (try out the maternity cossie!) so I'm hoping that will give me the boost I need to get going.

I had a look on Amazon at DVD's and ordered the Prenatal Fitness Fix by Erin O'Brien instead of yoga. I'll let you know how I get on smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now