All ideas of where we could go would be greatfully received grin

Needs to be pretty central!

Help smile

nailpolish Wed 01-Oct-08 09:52:35

is this for on xmas day?
what kind of food would you like?
budget?

oopsadaisyangel Wed 01-Oct-08 10:04:10

sorry, i wasn't very clear - had a moment of panic!!

Its for a works christmas lunch for a couple of weeks before. Budget is probably around £30 per head and food wise something quite traditional probably - I just fancy organising it for somewhere a bit different or special!! grin

nailpolish Wed 01-Oct-08 10:08:05

there are tons of places!
centrally ethere are all the hotels like the george hotel, roxburgh hotel, restaurants such as the living room and tiger lily (id recommend tiger lily actually - lovelylovely surroundings and food is magic)
for something a bit different there are places such as dynamic earth, botanic gardens (i went to a wedding there and it was lovely)

oopsadaisyangel Wed 01-Oct-08 10:22:58

Thanks nailpolish - I like the idea of tiger lilly - I've just emailed them for information!

nailpolish Wed 01-Oct-08 10:27:21

brilliant! i love tigerlily

mawbroon Thu 02-Oct-08 22:30:18

Have you been back there since the last meet up nailpolish?

bookswapper Thu 02-Oct-08 22:36:08

The Dome in George Street is good for a Christmas lunch and good location for oub crawl

and that hotel in the Grassmarket (used to be the University) (Metro?) great view of castle on top floor restaurant and good location for pub crawl

also Point Hotel at top of Grassmarket (ditto pub crawl locational advice)

sensing a theme here?!

Scouts Tue 07-Oct-08 20:48:04

Do you need childcare during lunch? This company called Super Mums (www.supermums.couk) would be able to help I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now