Somewhere nice to eat in Leith?

(14 Posts)
geordieminx Sun 07-Sep-08 21:39:25

Dp and I making our way across to the east coast for a wee weekend away - we are stayin Leith, and are looking for a nice restuarant for the saturday night - any recommendations would be most appreciated - bistro/gastro/italian type places.

Ta muchly

TheCrackFox Sun 07-Sep-08 22:10:38

There is a Malmaison in Leith which is nice, and a Pizza Express. I go to Guillianos (by the shore) quite a lot - a cheap and cheerful Italian. (I live in Leith and love it!)

liath Sun 07-Sep-08 22:11:03

Martin Wisharts wink

The Waterfront is nice.

cali Sun 07-Sep-08 22:17:13

Had lunch at Martin Wisharts last week, sister treated me but was shock at the price, I bought the wine but still ended up spending more on that than the equally as nice lunch dh and I had in a little french restaurant.

Guillianos is good, Skippers was nice too, the Waterfront also good.

hope you have a great weekend

LadySweet Mon 08-Sep-08 08:04:23

The Kitchin is fabaroo - seasonal Scottish produce with the classical French technique; although not specifically what you were looking for it's well worth a visit Can second the recommendations for Martin Wishart too, food is fantastic. If seafood is your thing you should try Fishers

You'll need to book in advance for these 3 though.

umberella Mon 08-Sep-08 08:08:01

Yes Wisharts - lovely but pricey. Waterfront was v disappointing last time i went but normally really like it.

Loch Fyne now where Harry Ramsden's used to be is also fantastic.

Fishers and King's Wark good too.

nailpolish Tue 16-Sep-08 17:15:19

britannia spice is FANTASITC if you are in the mood for an idian meal

also
Fishers if you like seafood.

nailpolish Tue 16-Sep-08 17:15:49

fishers is quite bisto-ish

gingerwench Wed 17-Sep-08 12:45:24

another vote for Fishers
(have been to Kitchin and loved it but not quite bistro style!)

MadameOvary Wed 17-Sep-08 15:36:32

Another vote for Fishers, Martin Wishart and Malmaison.

BerryBaby Wed 17-Sep-08 18:57:25

La Favourita - great value but quality Italian on Leith Walk. Great pizza, pasta and brill service - lost count how many times we've been there but you'll need to book.

baiyu Thu 16-Oct-08 11:10:16

Diner 7 on Constitution St is a favourite. Good atmosphere and prices and really great food.

StewieGriffinsMom Fri 17-Oct-08 23:39:27

Message withdrawn

rookiemater Sat 18-Oct-08 21:51:52

Go to Martin Wisharts at lunch and have the set lunch not the tasting menu.

Another vote for Fishers.

Try 5pm.co.uk, they sometimes have good offers for meals out around Leith. We have had 2 course meal at The Raj including a drink for £10.95 each, however the decor is a bit tired looking now, so perhaps not place for romantic weekend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now