Fringe festival recommendations for young children

(5 Posts)
derelicte Tue 19-Aug-08 17:17:57

Has anyone been to any of the children's shows?

We've been to "Golden Voyage of Sinbad" which was like a low budget panto (but the DCs enjoyed it, so would recommend!)

We're going to see the Greatest Bubble Show on Saturday.

Any suggestions for unmissable shows?

derelicte Wed 20-Aug-08 17:02:15

bump

redrobin Wed 20-Aug-08 17:07:20

we've been to a couple of things at the book festival, but have been quite slack about going to other shows....was thinking about the bubble show, and wondered about the chinese circus too...but think quite a lot of stuff would be over my dds heads (they are 1 and 3). james campbell is always a good bet if your children are older, i used to work at a fringe venue, and everyone loved him. botanics shows are usually quite good too i think.

sorry, i'm not much help am i?

beansmum Wed 20-Aug-08 17:11:12

We've been to a couple of things, the magic city was good, everything at the book festival has been brilliant, we're going to see silly billy bum breath this week so hopefully that's good too.

tbh though, ds prefers just wandering about and watching the street performers. If we get off the bus at waterstones for coffee, walk via the playground in the gardens, over the bridge where you can watch the trains and then walk up and down the royal mile for a while ds thinks we have had the best day ever.

bookswapper Thu 21-Aug-08 22:08:29

went to bubble show last year and it waas a bit pants....a lot of the bubbles didn't come off!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now