Anyone with boys ( aged 1 and 3 ish) in New Town/Stockbridge ?

(14 Posts)
mousemole Thu 31-Jul-08 19:10:01

We are moving to Ainslie Place at the end of August from London with our 2 boys aged 1 and 3. Anyone interested in playdates,cofee and cakes ( and/ or gin and tonics) !

prettybird Fri 01-Aug-08 14:44:14

You mighthave more success posting on the "Meet-ups" thread.

I'm no use as a)I'm in Glasgow and b) ds is nearly 8. But I do know that there are Mumsnetters in Edinburgh with young kids.

mousemole Fri 01-Aug-08 15:24:58

thanks prettybird

sofiele Sun 03-Aug-08 10:11:54

I live very near Ainslie Place (Randolph Crescent) and I know there are two little boys who live on Ainslie Place who I think are 2 and 4. I know their nanny but haven't met the mum, but if you hang out in Ainslie Place you will definitely see them. I'm very happy to meet and chat, but my girls (nearly 3 and 5) are very anti-boy at the moment so I don't think we'll be any use for playdates....but I'd still like to meet you if you like!

mousemole Sun 03-Aug-08 13:37:30

Hi Sofiele
That's really kind. You're right, I am sure we will bump into them at some stage ! It's quite exciting that there are some boys so close to mine in Ainslie Place. Would definitely like to meet up- we move in on 29th August. My eldest will be going to nursery every day and my youngest, Harry is quite well behaved if you wanted to meet for a coffee or you are welcome to come over to ours ? Not sure how to go about exchanging details as have never done this type of things on mnet before ?

sofiele Mon 04-Aug-08 12:21:43

I think we're supposed to post on meet-ups but I've tried repeatedly and I can't even get my name on it. My e-mail is menism@yahoo.com (hope I don't get kicked off the site for posting that). Good luck with the move, we moved last year with my kids close to the age of yours--I sympathise!

prettybird Mon 04-Aug-08 12:30:39

There's a thread re an Edinburgh meet-up at the moment here - althugh it's a bit early for yuo mousemole.

mousemole Mon 04-Aug-08 13:19:16

oh shame will miss that. I will keep an eye out for anymore though ! Sofiele, thanks for your details - will email you !

mawbroon Thu 07-Aug-08 21:42:41

Hi mousemole. I have a ds of 2.10. We don't live at your side of town, but have bus pass and can travel. grin

I also do ad hoc childminding and sometimes have other under 5s in tow as well.

derelicte Thu 07-Aug-08 21:47:39

Hi mousemole. We've recently moved to Stockbridge and have a 3 year old DD and 2 year old DS. Feel free to CAT me if you want to arrange a meet up in Sept.

mousemole Fri 08-Aug-08 18:35:28

Hi mawbroon and derelicte, thanks for your replies, will be in touch when I get there. very excited now !!!

partridge Tue 19-Aug-08 22:38:57

hi mousemole, we are moving to clarendon crescent at the end of october but are living in east lothian at the moment (just moved from london). i have a two year old and a five month old, both boys -
email me at antoniahamilton@hotmail.com if you like

mousemole Tue 26-Aug-08 08:13:53

Hi Partridge, good luck with your move ! Where is Clarendon Crescent ? I will email you off line to arrange a meet up.

AnneinEdinburgh Thu 25-Sep-08 16:33:42

Hi

I am living in Dundonald Street and have an 11 month old. Would love to meet more mums but I work so daytimes are difficult.

Anne (whiting.anne@gmail.com)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now