6 yr old party ideas

(11 Posts)
ScruffyTwiglet Fri 03-Mar-17 20:08:04

We're new to Edinburgh, but I need to arrange a party for my six yr old.

Is there anything obvious other than:
Soft play
Football orbing thingies
Hiring a hall plus entertainer

There don't seem to be laser venues or trampoline places like where we're from.

I have seen that Dynamic earth do parties and am considering that but we've never even been there. Also my biggest child went to a sports party at Edinburgh academy which she said was fab.
Any ideas at all would be welcome!

coffeeCamelCase Fri 03-Mar-17 22:49:09

Of course there are trampolining and laser places grin

Trampolining:
www.ryzeedinburgh.com/Parties

Can't remember where DS has been for laser parties but for 6yos maybe TimeTwisters laser tag party is worth considering?

ScruffyTwiglet Sat 04-Mar-17 08:57:33

Thanks, yeah I'd found that one trampoline place, should have said, but it's a 30 minute drive which I think is too much to ask people.
He's got a party at time twisters in two weeks so it seems a bit like 'I see your party and raise it one?!'

Should have said, sorry!

coffeeCamelCase Sat 04-Mar-17 10:06:14

Ah, I see. Unfortunately the place DS used to go for laser parties seems to have closed. I think the National Museum does parties, but haven't tried them. Dynamic Earth is fun and many years ago DS did go to parties there and enjoy them. Be warned there are things that can be a little scary: you might want to encourage parents of nervous ones to stay if you do that! Have to say at that age nothing beat soft play and there was no concept of too much of it, though - ymmv!

LilyDa Sat 04-Mar-17 21:32:52

Logy gym? Have been to loads of school parties there, no one minds the drive, people lift share etc and it's close to Straiton so parents can pop all my there for a coffee. The kids seem to love it
www.lo-gycentre.co.uk/party-information.html

KingLooieCatz Sun 05-Mar-17 08:51:56

Netmums Edinburgh section has pages of birthday party ideas. The various free magazines aimed at parents carry loads of ads for party providers and have birthday party specials every now and then so if you see a free mad, grab for the next time. That said, none of the kids at DS school seem to have got bored of parties at the soft play alongthe road. There have been a couple of Pizza Express parties as well.

ScruffyTwiglet Sun 05-Mar-17 12:52:18

Thanks both, I'll investigate those ideas!

Buckeyedjim Sun 05-Mar-17 17:40:47

What about that snow tubing place in Midlothian? Does Ratho do climbing parties? (Or just take them climbing and then feed them!)

Lones80 Mon 06-Mar-17 12:07:39

I've been to a dynamic earth party and it was really good. The tubing parties are also fun, although their party room isn't great. I looked at the Ratho climbing parties for DC1 and they look amazing - but they get booked up well in advance and I was too late.

DC1 recently had a gymnastics and softplay party at Tumbles in Portobello which the kids really enjoyed, although it's a very long party - over 2.5 hours.

Gyderlily Fri 07-Apr-17 13:47:28

There's a trampoline place in portobello too, tumbles do fantastic gymnastics parties which always go down well. Tubing at hill end is a blast. You are right, ryze is in Dalkeith not Edinburgh though my daughter recently had a pony party at lasswade riding stables which was just as far from us and everyone came!

Gyderlily Fri 07-Apr-17 13:48:34

Another good option is the kids morning screenings at the cinema

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now