St. George's school for girls

(7 Posts)
Yoox Wed 01-Mar-17 13:15:54

Hi we are considering a move to Edinburgh and are attracted to this school my dd is 12 and would going into the upper school by the time of our move. Any thoughts would be gratefully received.

YummyTwinMummy Mon 03-Apr-17 20:32:28

My girls will be starting St George's in a few weeks. They did a taster day last week and loved it.

Onlystoppingforaquickfly Fri 21-Apr-17 23:15:48

My dp works there (not a teaching role)

From my understanding (Iv not got children at the school) is that most of the children are very happy there.

Sorry I can't tell you much more as obviously I'm not really involved in the school.

chemenger Sat 22-Apr-17 11:00:32

I know quite a few girls who have been there and thrived. I do think you need to go and visit, though because my own dd's flatly refused to consider going there after we visited, I'm not sure why.

emma12344 Sat 22-Apr-17 21:10:09

Oooh.... I know three people who have been there who are now in their twenties. It might just be a coincidence but they're not exactly the kind of people I'd hope my daughter turns out like!

Cristiane Sun 23-Apr-17 07:33:53

My daughters go there and are very happy. Academically it's strong. Lots of fun sports and activities and a good atmosphere. good pastoral care I think.

GrooveeCar Sun 23-Apr-17 16:45:32

Quite a few of my brownies have gone to St George's. They tend to be the happier more robust girls.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now