Please don't call me a single mum!

(4 Posts)
Uconnect Sat 04-Feb-17 00:24:35

Mine is in her teens, dad didn't participate in her upbringing, gran parents (ex's parents) are behaving like strangers, pretended to care but keep prying into our affairs without giving any support. Perhaps only if they know that their attitude is pushing their gran daughter's away: every time she visited them in the past she comes home confused and unhappy. My parents are abroad and yes it was tough without them, but we strived over the years and my daughter is doing great at sch. She is very sociable and happy. That's my story in a nut shell for the past 15yrs.

So please don't call me a single mum! I am a mum+ and a dad++ a bit atypical like a goddest may be, like all fearless mothers with endless tears.

Buckeyedjim Thu 09-Feb-17 09:34:50

Hi Uconnect, you've posted in the mumsnet local page for Edinburgh so aren't likely to get any replies here - could repost over in Chat on the main site?

Uconnect Thu 09-Feb-17 13:21:41

Still feeling a bit awful Omg that I actually posted this hmm but it's out there and thanks I'll repost it blush

Buckeyedjim Thu 09-Feb-17 13:52:36

The section called Lone Parents in mumsnet will probably be a source of support for you.
Try
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/lone_parents

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now