Looking to hire a Hall for a disco party - Edinburgh - thank you.

(8 Posts)
penky Mon 23-Jan-17 12:43:03

Hi
I would be really grateful for any suggestions with regard to hiring a hall for my daughter's 13th birthday party.
We are looking at a disco type party for about 25 - 30 children.
Ideally a space where disco lights could be used and not a massive hall which would lack atmosphere with just 25 children occupying.
Not sure if there are any churches out there who offer this or school halls even?
Thank you in advance.
Penky

Starfish347 Mon 23-Jan-17 13:20:12

Try Fairmilehead Church - one of their halls size wise woudl suit you. There is also a kitchen off it if you needed to prep food/refreshments.

also look at Myreside www.myresidecatering.co.uk/functions-events/
They're really helpful and have access to lots of resources.

LilyDa Mon 23-Jan-17 13:25:50

n-c.org.uk/facilities-for-hire/
Possibly not the right end of town for you but my daughter was at a disco party here for her class so maybe 25 children, small hall seemed to work well and the food was served just across from the hall in a smaller room

penky Mon 23-Jan-17 14:32:59

Hi
Thanks so much for the replies so far - appreciate you taking the time to help me x.
I should have mentioned the disco type is a roller disco!
I have a company who will run the roller disco and bring everything with them but I think the halls owners are worried about the possible damage to floors etc
Not sure I am going to find a wooden hall happy to help.
Penky

EchidnasPhone Mon 23-Jan-17 14:44:12

Try the Jack Kane centre. That's where the roller derby is held. Or perhaps get in touch with the auld reekie team & ask if they could recommend a hall that is willing to take a roller disco.

Buckeyedjim Mon 23-Jan-17 20:35:31

Roller derby needs a big space though. What about the leisure centres, I certainly did roller skating in a leisure centre -- back in the dark ages--

Buckeyedjim Mon 23-Jan-17 20:36:13

Meadowbank have roller derby too but it's a big hall

LilyDa Mon 23-Jan-17 23:45:41

They do go karting parties in drumbrae leisure centre and divide the hall up so it isn't too big. Can't imagine a roller disco would be any worse on the floor so worth an ask there or any of the other leisure centres?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now