Blackhall primary

(7 Posts)
emma12344 Wed 18-Jan-17 18:12:02

We've got our eye on a great property in the catchment for Blackhall primary. I don't know anything about the school and would be glad to hear opinions! Many thanks in advance!

Stayinginmum Thu 19-Jan-17 21:25:19

Only know it by reputation, which is very good.

ScruffyTwiglet Fri 20-Jan-17 09:59:33

We've just moved and started our children there so I'm not much help, but so far can't fault it.
Anything specific you need to know? And I presume you've checked they have places for the years you need? I'm aware we've just taken the only catchment place in one year (either p2 or p4, can't remember which child it was!).

ScruffyTwiglet Fri 20-Jan-17 10:54:07

Oh and if you don't mind sharing, what's the property you're looking at? Only if you don't mind, of course!

emma12344 Fri 20-Jan-17 22:14:07

Thanks. The house is not yet on the open market wink. I hope we are going to get a private sale.
In terms of the school I would like to know whether it is run well, achieves well academically, does it have pressing space concerns as so many others do. How big are the class sizes?

ScruffyTwiglet Sat 21-Jan-17 09:17:44

The classes seem to be at capacity or one below I guess given our application process? I'm not sure what the Scottish limits are off the top of my head as we've just moved from England.
Seems very well run, but I don't think there's any way of measuring how well they achieve academically?
I don't think I'm best placed to comment yet, sorry!

ScruffyTwiglet Sat 21-Jan-17 09:27:56

Oh and I've checked with DH and it's P2 that we took the catchment place for so there is currently no space there. P4 there is a place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now