Pentland primary school

(6 Posts)
Natsharp08 Wed 28-Dec-16 19:18:14

i everyone, we've seen a house we would like to but in fairmilehead and our catchment primary school would be pentland. Just wondering what everyone thinks of this primary school? I currently live in England with only a few friends in Edinburgh who haven't heard much about the school. We drove up to the school and I thought the immediate surrounding area looked a bit tired... Does the school have a good/bad reputation? The most recent report I could find on the school was around 8 years old. Please tell me your thoughts. Many thanks!

badguider Wed 28-Dec-16 20:09:34

We moved to the Pentland catchment (ds was 2) because we heard only great things about it. And Firhill secondary which is 3rd best in edinburgh. Actually I have experience of working with volunteers from 6th year at Firhill and they were really great kids and spoke highly of the school.

badguider Wed 28-Dec-16 20:10:25

Firrhill damn autocorrect

badguider Wed 28-Dec-16 20:44:20

Here's the catchment map. It's about 1/3 more affordable housing, some of which (but not all) is a bit tired, and 2/3 "naice" housing. It's not the middle class bubble of say south morningside primary, it's genuinely socially mixed.

badguider Wed 28-Dec-16 20:44:30

Link www.edinburgh.gov.uk/download/downloads/id/572/pentland_primary_school.pdf

TinyTyrants Sat 07-Jan-17 10:20:33

I went to Pentland in its previous incarnation, Comiston. It's always been a good school and the area is nice.
I also went to Firrhill and enjoyed my time there although it's been a long time (more than 10 years!) since I left.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now