Maternity wear

(8 Posts)
Emmsyjay Mon 23-Nov-15 11:20:20

Morning everyone, I've been to numerous shops in Edinburgh to try on and get maternity clothes but have really struggled. Most of the high street shops I've tried only have their ranges online and Mothercare has a very limited selection in-store. Has anyone any hints/tips on where I could try that has the maternity range in store to try on? I'm an odd shape anyway, despite the bump so prefer to try o clothes rather than have to faff around ordering online and sending things back.

Many thanks

Starfish347 Mon 23-Nov-15 16:43:17

H&M? Not sure which stores hold stock, but worth a quick call to see first.

Gap sadly don't have stock in shops anymore, but I found their stuff great quality and fit, but does mean ordering and returning if not suitable (although good discounts on online ordering at the moment!)

Datec Mon 23-Nov-15 20:05:26

I found this too when I was preg. I was told out of town stores stocked mat ranges but we don't have a car. Topshop became my go too, love their range and it's the same as main range just may friendly. Jeans were great. H&m have mat in east end store but I thought their stuff apart from basics was a bit frumpy.

KingLooieCatz Thu 26-Nov-15 13:03:25

My knowledge of maternity wear is a but out of date, but I can say that I despaired towards the end of pregnancy, when I was outgrowing the maternity wear I bought right at the start of pregnancy, and I'd be damned if I'd fork out for a new wardrobe that I'll only wear for a few weeks.

So, I just bought standard clothes from Primark, either a size or two up or very stretchy. I wished I'd done it in the first place. Much more choice and much cheaper. And in fact for the most part more comfortable. Good luck with it, shopping for maternity wear drove me nuts.

Fertility Sun 29-Nov-15 16:30:36

H&M at Fort Kinnaird has a maternity section.

LezliLo Sun 06-Dec-15 19:19:47

I found New Look was really good when I was pregnant. The Fort Kinnaird store had a good stock and so did the Gyle. Princes Street not so much.

Also buying things that are just a couple of sizes bigger is an option sometimes. I did both.

Andgetyourshoeson Sun 13-Dec-15 09:41:02

Do Jojomamanbebe have anything? They were good online but I don't know if they hold any stock I store - this is a pretty useless post...

catdil Sun 13-Dec-15 20:11:22

I got stuff in jojos

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now