Trying to conceive

(4 Posts)
puppetgoose Tue 20-Oct-15 13:20:58

Hi, I am 35 and trying for my first child. My husband and I are not sharing this with family/friends and it gets quite lonely not having anyone to talk to about it. After having a very early miscarriage it's become a bit all consuming! My husband is great but I know he doesn't want to keep talking about it all. So if anyone fancies meeting up for a coffee/chat let me know! I am in the city center not too far from Princes Street

SoonToBed Thu 22-Oct-15 21:51:23

Have you tried acupuncture. There have been scientific research which proves that a course of acupuncture can increase your chances of conceiving. Worth checking you use someone fully accredited.

puppetgoose Fri 23-Oct-15 10:12:21

Coincidentally, yes I had my first acupuncture session on Wednesday! I was apprehensive as I've never had acupuncture but I will do anything to regulate my cycles/stress levels at this point, and the acupuncturist specializes in fertility. I definitely felt the needles but once they were in I really did relax. I haven't noticed a huge change, which I didn't expect to after one session, but I did feel tired/relaxed after I got home

Starfish347 Mon 26-Oct-15 13:16:53

Have you been referred to the Fertility Clinic at all? I was 35 when we started ttc, and down to my age, plus the fact that my cycles were hideous (coudl be a month apart, could be 6 months apart), my doc at the time referred me straight away. I still had to wait to be seen (approx 6 mths) but at least I didn't have to wait for a year for the doc to refer me.

I also tried accupunture, but to be honest, I was trying anything at that stage and whilst it was nice and relaxing, I don't think it actually helped me to conceive, and it was costing a flipping fortune.

Long story short, we were seen at the clinic and put on clomid which worked, but I sadly had a mmc. More clomid and nothing, then I went on injectibles - not full flung IVF, but ovary stimulation. 2nd time it worked, and along came dc1. About 2.8 years later, along came dc2. It was a long jpurney, 3.5 years from start to dc1, and dc2 came along when I was 40!

For me it was all about me not ovukating regulary. When ttc no 2, I used Agnus Castus which you can get in Holland & Barretts. It's sometimes referred to as natures clomid. Obvs read up about it first and do some research, but maybe worth a try. I think that did the trick for me, although I do think my body righted itself a bit after being pregnant with no1.

PM if you have any questions. It can be a lonely journey and the guys don't really get it (and its tough for them too). Fingers crossed its a short journey though smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now