Source of babysitters

(4 Posts)
sandyABC Thu 13-Aug-15 16:43:45

Hi,
I've not had to engage with babysitters since I was being minded! From what I have seen sitters.co.uk and childcare.co.uk are the immediate sources of babysitters but if anyone can recommend an alternate source in Edinburgh I would really appreciate it.

3nations Thu 13-Aug-15 17:13:12

When mine were aged about 3+ I put an advert in the local newsagents window looking for a local teenager and that was ideal for us- she only lived down the road so no taxi home and easy to get to know. Now my own DD is 16 she put flyers round the local neighbourhood advertising herself as a babysitter with her experience of working as a swim teacher for children, and looking after younger cousins she has had a number of local families now using her.

GrooveeCar Sat 15-Aug-15 10:35:35

A number of my friends who are qualified Early Years Practitioners do work through butterfly personnel for babysitting or weekend work.

coffeeCamelCase Sat 15-Aug-15 21:06:34

I was about to mention butterfly: we had good people from there repeatedly, including sometimes at short notice. For older children who don't need such skills, students are very useful if some live near you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now