Free child development assessment!

(4 Posts)
Epilepsy2015 Tue 21-Jul-15 15:26:42

As part of a University study looking at how epilepsy affects children's development we need healthy children WITHOUT epilepsy to take part in a developmental assessment.

The assessment is straight forward and involves some little games and puzzles. We offer a written feedback report of your child's development for taking part.

The results of the study will be published in peer reviewed scientific journals. Your child's details will remain completely confidential and anonymous.

We've seen over 80 families so far and would love to hear from you. We are especially looking for boys aged 6-12 months or age 3 years.

Please get in touch for more details or to take part!

Matthew Hunter, Muir Maxwell Epilepsy Centre

Epilepsy2015 Tue 21-Jul-15 15:28:27

You can contact us through mumsnet using the "message poster" function or contact me directly on 07886326112 or email M.Hunter-7@sms.ed.ac.uk

PumpkinsMummy Mon 10-Aug-15 17:26:21

Do you mind me asking who will be doing the studies? Will it be a fully qualified practitioner, or is this a student project?

Epilepsy2015 Mon 10-Aug-15 19:37:21

Hi PumpkinsMummy,

I (Matthew, BSc, MSc) will be doing the assessments and I am fully trained in their practical application. The team is made up of myself, a doctoral researcher fellow, a consultant paediatric neurologist, clinical psychologist, and paediatric neuropsychologist. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now