going rate for babysitting?

(5 Posts)
badguider Thu 16-Jul-15 13:07:02

Hi,
I have a friend/colleague of a friend/colleague who is willing to babysit for us (currently a one-off), she works with children but isn't qualified. Her day job is not well paid but something she does for the love of children.
What is a fair rate / going rate for evening babysitting while the child is asleep?
Thanks.

3nationedinburgh Fri 17-Jul-15 04:24:19

My sixteen yr old daughter gets between 5-8 per hour with the higher rate being for very late hours or if she is there for dinner time/ putting kids to bed.

Datec Fri 17-Jul-15 08:58:38

Had this chat with a friend the other day who had been looking at agencies but then got a similar offer to yours. As agencies are £10 ph roughly plus taxi home, she opted to offer £30 for the evening

badguider Fri 17-Jul-15 19:27:58

Thanks. Think I'll go for a tenner an hour without the taxi as well. Then she can choose whether to spend the money on a taxi or bus home (we're central).

GrooveeCar Fri 17-Jul-15 21:16:10

I recently asked some nursery staff how much they charge and they are £8.50 an hour and have their own transport.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now