St George's secondary school

(6 Posts)
Queenifpuddings Tue 02-Jun-15 16:17:36

Hi just wondered if anyone has any experience of St George's at secondary level, we are going to go and take a look.

tribal Fri 05-Jun-15 23:32:12

We looked but were put off by the fact that they offer more of the English style curriculum and exams. However it was a very good school and had a friendly feel to it. It just wasn't for us.

Queenifpuddings Sat 06-Jun-15 21:55:44

Thanks tribal

Datec Wed 10-Jun-15 22:32:25

They do GCSEs but then move on to do the Scottish highers. I have a friend who is a teacher there. It seems like a nice school, I know friends and relatives who loved their time there but know some girls who didn't like how it was so small. Worth a tour and a chat with them. Mary erskine also offer the single sex experience but with a strong link and intervention with the boys school. St George's do work with merchiston as a brother school but not to the same extent.

Sarahlou456 Mon 15-Jun-15 22:27:14

St Georges is a fantastic school, my daughter has attended from P1 and is now in S2 and I can't fault it, my son attends another edinburgh independant and it is nowhere near St Georges, I really wish they excepted boys!

Queenifpuddings Tue 23-Jun-15 18:40:51

Thanks for all the feedback

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now