COMPETITION - WIN a Family ticket for Scottish Ballet's The Nutcracker entries 23rd November

(6 Posts)
LocalEditorEdinburgh Tue 11-Nov-14 12:23:26

How would you like to win a family ticket to see The Nutcracker at the Edinburgh Festival Theatre on the 13th of December?

After a fun-filled Christmas party full of magic and celebrations, young Clara falls asleep and dreams that she helps the Nutcracker Prince defeat an army of giant mice.

She is rewarded by a visit to the glittering Land of Ice and Snow, where snowflakes come to life, sparkling as they dance - and the magical Kingdom of Sweets - the enchanted Realm of the beautiful Sugar Plum Fairy.

Lovingly recreated for audiences, Scottish Ballet proudly presents Peter Darrell's The Nutcracker. Crafted for Scotland by the company's founding Artistic Director, a famous story-teller and an incredible dance-maker, this Nutcracker is full of magical memories.

To enter all you need to do is tell us what you love most about the winter months by midnight 23rd November 2014

Alternatively you can enter via our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mumsnet-Edinburgh/378199125590723

Scottish Ballet: The Nutcracker
Sat 13 December 2014 to Sat 3 January 2015 | Festival Theatre
www.edtheatres.com/sbnutcracker

Full T&C's can be found here www.mumsnet.com/competitions/competition-terms-and-conditions-2014
Winner will be selected at random and contacted directly.

meep Fri 14-Nov-14 16:24:57

bright sunny days with sparkling frost on the ground - jumping in leaf piles, or "leap" piles as my youngest calls them - the look of wonder on the dcs faces whenever they see Christmas lights - waving to the Santas who stand outside the tree selling places - primary aged children singing Little Donkey - Christmas scented pinecones - family

GrooveeCar Tue 18-Nov-14 19:51:00

Winter is when I was born and always had this magical Narnia feel to my birthday as in the 80's we often had snow.

I love the fact dh and I have December birthdays and we can go to various different Christmas events and have a great time with all the lights etc. There is something wonderful about wandering through the Christmas market with hot chocolate in the dark on your birthday.

Although we don't have a lot of hot weather in December, driving through parts of rural Edinburgh can be beautiful with the frosting on the trees etc.

Catherinaathome Wed 19-Nov-14 19:05:32

I love the fact that it is dark outside and you can light loads of candles inside - the whole house is cosier. I love the red and green colours of the Christmas decorations. I love the smells of cooking, baking, mulled wine - everything seems to slow down (sometimes the traffic in the snow ;) ).

sixp Sun 23-Nov-14 16:19:21

Fingers in mittens and mittens on strings
peep holes on window panes
Frosted cakes and fleecy layers
Feathery puffas and pom-poms on heads
Gifts hidden under the bed.

ToastyMarshmallows Sun 23-Nov-14 16:25:42

I love the time off work just to relax at home, curled up on the sofa under a blanket, eating chocolate and watching cheesy Christmas movies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now