Heading to Edinburgh this weekend - help me plan

(2 Posts)
Dipsydoo Thu 03-Apr-14 10:14:15

Hi all

We are off to Edinburgh tomorrow ( 2A 2C) and staying Friday/Saturday. We've got a list of things we'd like to do and would love if someone could help us plan our days. Places we've got on our list are:
Camera Obscura
Dynamic Earth
Zoo
National museum
Childhood museum
Bus tour?
( is there any other must see's? Castle a possibility)

Our hotel is near the zoo so planned to go there first tomorrow before checking in at hotel. Just checked weather forecast and it due to rain tomorrow so will keep zoo for Saturday instead. So...looking at my list, will we have time to do the tour, both museums and either camera obscura or dynamic earth tomorrow..or is that too much to cram into one day?

Also, can anyone suggest best place to park in city centre to do the above? And if anyone has any recommendations for reasonably priced family friendly restaurants that would be great too.

Thanks!

GrooveeCar Thu 03-Apr-14 16:20:04

I advise getting the 12/26/31 lothian buses from your hotel into town. £7.50 will give you a family day ticket to use on the buses for unlimited journeys for that day. You could start at Camera Obscura then down the the national museum.

We have all the usual chains but if you want to venture near the hotel, the Peach Garden in Corstorphine, Toby Carvery or Fabio's are quite good for food and Toby is doing 2 courses for £6.50 if you download the voucher.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now