Stay at Home Dads in Edinburgh?

(4 Posts)
Daddydaycare77 Wed 19-Mar-14 09:41:50

Hi folks

I'm a part time stay at home dad. Wee boy is in nursery 2-3 days a week and I run my business from home. Had a good search around the web and not found any Dads groups in the city.

I joined in our NCT groups mums meets every Wednesday but now that will be coming to end with folk starting to return to work.

Been surprised by the seeming lack of dads groups. I'm in the Leith area and was wondering if anyone knew of anything or there are any other dads in a similar position?

There is a weekend group called Dads Rock which runs in Granton - my DH goes fairly regularly (he's a childminder)

Not found any other dad specific groups although he does go to another toddler group.

GrooveeCar Fri 21-Mar-14 08:26:36

Dad's Rock seem to be the only one aimed at dad's. It may be worth speaking to them about maybe a midweek meet for dads who work saturdays.

LocalEditorEdinburgh Fri 28-Mar-14 10:19:03

Have you tried to Bookbug/Rhymetime session at your local library. There's often lots of Dads, grandparents etc at these and the session is free. Have a look at this link for the different days and times: www.edinburgh.gov.uk/info/469/libraries_for_children_and_babies/362/bookbug

Also agree with OPs about Dads Rock. They are very active on twitter so you can see what they have been up to. Have a look at @DadsRockEdin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now