New mummy to be...looking for some new friends

(5 Posts)
LadySif Tue 18-Mar-14 05:48:49

Hi everyone,

I have few friends over in edinburgh. Mainly work friends and old drinking buddies, but no one who really wants to spend time with me and my baby once s/he arrive. Does anyone know of mum to be coffee mornings, classes etc that I could attend. I'm not due until October but woul like to start the ball rolling.

X x x

nannyn Tue 18-Mar-14 10:08:49

Pick up a copy of Families magazine it has listings of all the groups & activities in Edinburgh. Also once little one arrives your HV should put you in touch with local groups. Antinateal classes are also a great way to meet other 1st time mums who are due at the same time as you, to be honest it's the only reason to go to the nhs ones;) good luck

LocalEditorEdinburgh Tue 18-Mar-14 17:16:19

Hi LadySif

Congrats on your pregnancy. There are lots of things to do in Edinburgh. The NCT have a bumps and babies group at Blackhall Library on a Wednesday (10.15am) so you could go along before your baby arrives. You might also want to consider a prenatal exercise class - pilates, yoga, aqua aerobics etc - which are great ways to meet new mums. I'd echo was nannyn said about antenatal classes as well.

We're just in the process of updating the listings on the local site with lots of classes and activities so keep checking the site when your baby arrives in October for things to do.

Hope this helps

Julie

Edinburghbabymassage Wed 19-Mar-14 13:19:32

Karina from Turtle Tots, does excellent aqua natal yoga classes. It's a great way to meet new mums to be.
Also Physiobumps do a 4 week course for pregnant mums where you can get fit and is a very sociable course to consider.
Nct groups are also excellent to meet other mums to be and they tend to continue to meet up after baby is born.
All the best with your pregnancy.

krusovice Fri 28-Mar-14 23:08:18

I really enjoyed my nct cclass and met a few people through that, also recommend other baby classes such as pilates etc to meet other mums to be in your area. Congratulations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now