New in Edinburgh

(11 Posts)
ElishaAli2014 Sat 08-Feb-14 21:56:15

Hi everyone ,
I've just moved in Edinburgh a week ago from London.
I'm a mum of 3 months old baby girl smile
I don't know lots of ppl here sad or any groups or activities in Edinburgh.
I'm a very social person .
Love meeting new ppl.
Would love to meet mums or mums to be here smile for cuppa tea , lunch , brunches ?

catdil Sun 09-Feb-14 09:04:34

Welcome - Edinburgh is an amazing family friendly city! Where about in Edinburgh are you?

gigglegoogle Mon 10-Feb-14 00:02:35

hi Maybe we can meet up , I'm actually moving up in March so we can hook up share experiences etc smile Could do with making new friends , where do you live what area?

gigglegoogle Mon 10-Feb-14 00:02:47

I'm zara btw

MessyPlay Mon 10-Feb-14 00:24:50

Welcome smile

If meeting strangers from the net in Edinburgh I usually meet at the national museum on chambers st.

It is fabulous!

I could go there all day everyday for the rest of forever and never get bored! It's pretty much the length of the whole street!

There is lots of kids play sections dotted about the exhibits and a special room for littilies called the imagine room.

I would be happy to meet you and your dc there. My dd is 2.

There are so many groups and society's in ed that there your sure to be able to hunt down like minded people smile

ElishaAli2014 Tue 11-Feb-14 12:52:24

Hi everyone ,
Thanx fr d lovely replies catdil, zara(giggle google) , messy play smile
I live near ferry road smile
We shd def meet up .

gigglegoogle Thu 13-Feb-14 02:29:43

no probs
I will be up in ed next week looking at places to live so as soon as I'm up there for good will def hook up....Just had some news that I am expecting my third child so a bit dazed this week , happy but with moving and everything , a bit scared about leaving everyone to go to live in Ed but I love it there so fingers crossed I will be fine. I am getting dizzy with all the catchment areas and renting property searching and so on and on smile would defo need some friends to cheer me up , my ds are 9 and 10 so a bit older smile speak soon xxxx

Any suggestions on areas that are ok , any help grateful

Looking at corstorphine?

McFox Thu 13-Feb-14 09:43:19

Hi all, I'm in Edinburgh too and gearing up to welcome DC1 into the world! I'd be happy to meet up with you too. I've lived here for the past 10 years, and live in the new town.

Corstorphine has a good reputation smile

MessyPlay Thu 13-Feb-14 09:44:58

Depends what your looking for really and budget etc.

Corstorphines nice, some people says they don't like wester hailes, sight hill etc.

If you want to be actually in the city centre (which I don't grin) then I would say leith, south queens ferry, granting etc.

If you don't have to consider money the grange.

If you want to be just out of the city but with good access portobello (I actually want to live here so much!) it's right on the coast and actual sandy beach shock lovely quaint high st, Musselburgh is just slightly down to road (and massively cheaper!) and still very nice. The transport links into ed are impeccable but it's much less a city out there smile

I cane up here for a week, that was 8 years ago and I've never regretted it smile

Congratulations

gigglegoogle Thu 13-Feb-14 23:07:43

thank so much for the great advice. I feel happy to have made some new friends already.

Its a Risk , huge of course , when your taking the children away from their best friends, leaving family and friends behind in belief that the gut instinct is right.

I can't ignore how I feel and can't wait to travel up on Sunday to look for places during the week.

Costorphine is nice and would be great to find a 2 bed Apartment , even city centre. I wanted to be able to walk more , take the girls to school , go to the museums , Art galleries, chill and find a nice part time job if not full time (pregnant now so guess it temporary work if anyone gives me a job) and hubby will be working so heres to a new adventure!!

Whats your favourite thing about edinburgh guys?

Zara

gigglegoogle Thu 13-Feb-14 23:12:12

I love the museum too messy play smile i could have spent hours last time i was there smile Why is it everyone is so nice in Edinburgh even Glasgow they seemed warm and friendly - is it the water , must be....and the scottish accent I absolutely love it !! my family and friends here in the midlands think we are mad to be unsticking to go but as a family its got to be good for us. I am sure but its a risk ....what if's keep going round in my head and the pregnancy emotions kick in...but I have decided no more listening to others and go with my instinct.

here goes ...........!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now