Broughton Street (or East London Street) Nursery?

(7 Posts)
MumS2014 Wed 29-Jan-14 14:10:30

Hi there,
Does anyone have experience of Broughton Street or East London Street nurseries (both of The Edinburgh Nursery)? We're moving to Edinburgh and looking for somewhere in that area, Newtown or Stockbridge for our baby to start when aged 11months.
Thanks for your help!

Asahleex Fri 31-Jan-14 12:21:19

I visited the one at East London Street a couple of years ago and found the staff rude and snobby... Perhaps not a reflection on the care provided but it put me off!

HollyBen Sun 02-Feb-14 17:37:25

My DD went to the crèche at East London Street from 10 month until she moved to the other premises at Beaverhall when she was 20 month. She loved it and really thrived. I always found the staff to be very helpful and caring. I chose East London Sreet over Broughton Road as it is larger and has direct access to a private garden. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions

MumS2014 Mon 03-Feb-14 11:50:24

Thanks for your help both! I'm joining the waiting list as perfect location for us but are there any other recommended nurseries around that area? I tried Arbor Green but they're not taking any more names on their waiting list at the moment. Unfortunately we're not in Edinburgh until just before we need to start nursery so trying to figure it out without viewing is so difficult.

HollyBen Mon 03-Feb-14 13:42:37

Heriot Hill has a good reputation and isn't far from the Edinburgh nursery. There is also a nursery on Inverleith Row - Orchard I think which I have heard good things about though my not be the best location wise for you. There are a few in Stockbridge but I have no real knowledge of them.

Must be difficult not actually being in situ. Good luck!

rattling Wed 12-Feb-14 18:14:31

My twin boys were at Heriothill from age 1 to 4. Can wholeheartedly recommend it. Pre-school room is huge, but never felt they were missing any attention. They helped with fussy eating, toilet training problems and speech delay without making a big deal of it. One very quiet boy, one really gregarious, both always happy.

MyEdinburghName Thu 13-Feb-14 17:47:27

Another recommendation for heriot hill. Lots of outdoor space for a city centre nursery. Agree with rattling on the pre-school, I wasn't happy when they changed set up in pre-school (originally there were two smaller pre-school classes) but it did actually work really well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now