Which School to choose in South Edinburgh - Bruntsfield Primary?

(6 Posts)
landahoy7 Fri 24-Jan-14 10:46:20

Can anybody tell me their experiences or knowledge of Bruntsfield Primary? Are you happy with it? We want to move into the south Edinburgh area but trying to choose which school. Bruntsfield seems a bit cheaper than other areas nearby (and really lovely) but don't know much about the school? How does it compare to others nearby?

Thank you!!

x

catdil Tue 28-Jan-14 13:56:44

My son goes there and I have no complaints. The parents association run clubs are really good and provide a wide variety of activities if you need any after school care. Please feel free to message me if you have any specific questions. Majority of kids seem it be from Polwarth as strangely the school is actually on the edge if it's own catchment.

landahoy7 Tue 28-Jan-14 14:38:33

Thank you for replying! I will PM you later tonight if that is ok as I probably do have questions! Thanks again x

WillPenn Fri 31-Jan-14 22:17:27

Got two kids as Bruntsfield and very pleased with it. It's a very friendly school with lots of clubs and activities as catdil said. It is a big school with about 400 kids I think but still manages to feel like a community. All the teachers I've come into contact with so far have been lovely and the best are inspirational. Head teacher is bonkers and seems to dislike children - but she runs a tight ship and seems to be a good manager and advocate for the school. So if you meet her, don't let her put you off!!

landahoy7 Tue 04-Feb-14 20:54:03

Thank you both v much. visited it last week so now will just have to wait for a space to come up. didn't meet the head but maybe that is a good thing. admin staff we met were lovely though! smile

scarlettsmummy2 Tue 04-Feb-14 20:57:50

You are close to George Watsons too- meant to be excellent also.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now