1st time mum

(4 Posts)
Rachxox Wed 22-Jan-14 14:52:54

Hi smile

I have just joined this website in hope to chat with parents similar to me and maybe meet some mums/dads for a cuppa brew

I have a baby girl, who is 6weeks (7weeks on Sat). I am currently on maternity leave and find myself at wits end some days. As my partner works all day and everyone else seems to be at work. There is only so much housework (when I get the chance) you can do before you find yourself going crazy and just need a change of scenery and a chat. Doesn't help none of my close friends have babies so boring them to death with baby chat.

Marybeatonseton Thu 23-Jan-14 11:21:31

My DCs are grown now but have you thought about going to "The Big Scream" or carer & baby showings at a cinema?

Somewhere like Vue at Ocean Terminal with free parking (babies under 24 months) or in town at somewhere like the Odeon on Lothian Road (buses 1, 2,10,11,15,16, 22, 24, 28, 30, 34 and 35).

They reduce the volume a bit and increase the lighting for a calming environment for you and baby.

The screenings are restricted to 12A so no 18 or 15 certificates. Tickets are priced as normal and your DC's ticket is free.

Or the Filmhouse cinema on Lothian Road in Edinburgh does Carer and Baby Shows.

They usually take place on Mondays at 11am. Screenings are limited to babies under 12 months accompanied by no more than two adults. There are babychanging, bottle-warming and buggy parking facilities and the cafe is great.

You can get parked at Castle Terrace (behind the Usher Hall, Traverse and Lyceum Theatre) and in Semple Street underneath Scottish Widows.

AnnaPayne Tue 28-Jan-14 14:22:53

Hello

I know how you feel and am in a similar situation. My little girl is 4 weeks today so a similar age. I'm on the West side of Edinburgh, near Corstorphine. Where are you? If you're local and fancy a cuppa and a chat in Corstorphine one day let me know... If that's not local for you good luck!

Anna :-)

ElishaAli2014 Sat 08-Feb-14 00:56:30

Hey
Just read ur MSG smile
I'm a first tym mom too smile
Mummy of a baby girl . She just turned 3 months smile)
I moved from London a week ago and know nothing about Edinburgh or local play groups or mums smile
We can meet up for cuppa and hoping our lil girls will enjoy it too .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now