Dalkeith, Bonnyrigg?

(6 Posts)
Rebbot86 Thu 09-May-13 22:31:25

Hey all,

looking to move at the end of the year to somewhere just outside of Edinburgh. Dalkeith and Bonnyrigg look like an easy commute and schools are walking distance but dont know what they are like at all.
Opinions??

emma12344 Fri 10-May-13 13:44:23

Grim. Seriously. There is a reason they are cheap.

buffyajp Sat 11-May-13 12:42:02

I disagree that they are grim. I live in Dalkeith and have friends in Bonnyrigg and it is certainly not grim where I live. As with anywhere there are some areas that are not so good but most places are fine.The schools in Dalkeith are highly regarded particularly Kings Park and my kids school St Davids. Woodburn is a decent school as well although there is a new head now so dont know much about it. The shops are not great but it is very easy to get to Edinburgh as the buses run very regularly. You also have some lovely country parks on your doorstep. Hope that helps.

emma12344 Sat 11-May-13 14:51:11

Yes, it's true you can find examples of handsome houses around there but there is huge amount of pebble dashed post war ugliness, too. Greggs pies, irn bru and grey faced fat people smoking outside the kind of pubs you thought hadn't existed since the 70s.... But the country parks are lovely.

dizzycake Sun 12-May-13 20:49:21

Loanhead has a good reputation.

Rebbot86 Tue 14-May-13 10:30:06

Thank you for your help ladies. We have decided that Peebles seems like the place we are to set up home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now